Change 1980 Mark VI Digital Cluster Over To Analog

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

davvet2

I recently bought a 1980 DeBryan Mark VI limo and only the fuel gauge and speedometer are working.
There is a row of buttons on the dash, do any of these buttons make the other side of the dash light up?
I also have a 1987 Town Car with an analog dash, could I install the Town Car dash in the Mark VI ?

Where can I find a photo of the dash lighted up so I can see what it should look like?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

churmsk

I own a Mark VI. There is no on or off switch for the right cluster. It sounds like yours is, unfortunately, broken. The right side appears to be more prone to failure. I love the digital screens. May be worth replacing or repairing.

bmininge1

I own a Mark VI. There is no on or off switch for the right cluster. It sounds like yours is, unfortunately, broken. The right side appears to be more prone to failure. I love the digital screens. May be worth replacing or repairing.
Hello, I'm stripping parts out of a 1981 and 1982 MkVIs. Then will have them towed away for scrap. Do you need anything? These were parts cars for my retro mod 1980 Mk VI.

churmsk

Hello, I'm stripping parts out of a 1981 and 1982 MkVIs. Then will have them towed away for scrap. Do you need anything? These were parts cars for my retro mod 1980 Mk VI.
I don’t think so, but thanks for the offer. Those turn signals are always worth good money so don’t scrap those.

PaoloItaly

Hello . I have a mark VI 4-door from 1981 and I have serious problems with the digital dashboard but maybe I am having them repaired (in Italy it is very problematic to find that solves these problems ...). My current problem is that digital radio (Premium Sound System)skips even frequencies. For example: 90.3-90.5-90.7-90.9 ....! It does not take even frequencies ... 90.2-90.4-90.4 ....! it's normal ?? thanks to all who will answer !

bmininge1

Do you have the digital cluster, and/ or 22" moonroof glass ?
Yes...but I'm keeping the glass for my retromod but have 2 clusters. If yours isn't working, first check all the wire connections behind it and the fuse...a very daunting task. Especially the power supply to the control modules that run each graphic and the grounds. I advise going to ebay for the general shop and electrical/vacuum manuals before you start ripping it apart. Or, maybe I can copy and post here...not sure if allowed.

Last edited:

Paolo66

Do you have the digital cluster, and/ or 22" moonroof glass ?
I have the digital dashboard but it doesn't work well: I'm having it checked but I don't know yet if they have solved the problem (after a few seconds after switching on it starts flashing and emitting the beep-beep) !!! I also have a problem with the central locking control unit (4 doors): it opens them all but does not close them !! in short, all electronic problems .. as I imagined on cars of that period and that origin (USA) !!

Paolo66

My current problem is that digital radio (Premium Sound System)skips even frequencies. For example: 90.3-90.5-90.7-90.9 ....! It does not take even frequencies ... 90.2-90.4-90.4 ....! it's normal ?? thanks to all who will answer !

04TC

Tampa, FL
My current problem is that digital radio (Premium Sound System)skips even frequencies. For example: 90.3-90.5-90.7-90.9 ....! It does not take even frequencies ... 90.2-90.4-90.4 ....! it's normal ?? thanks to all who will answer !
Most cars in the U.S. do that, it is normal for here. If you are in Italy and cars there usually have even frequencies on the radio, then your Mark VI was probably imported from the U.S. or somewhere else

bbf2530

Hello . I have a mark VI 4-door from 1981 and I have serious problems with the digital dashboard but maybe I am having them repaired (in Italy it is very problematic to find that solves these problems ...). My current problem is that digital radio (Premium Sound System)skips even frequencies. For example: 90.3-90.5-90.7-90.9 ....! It does not take even frequencies ... 90.2-90.4-90.4 ....! it's normal ?? thanks to all who will answer !

Hi Paolo. Yes, it is normal in the US. Our radio station frequencies are on the odd bands (i.e. 101.1-101.3-101.5 etc.). So your Mark VI was likely originally a US vehicle.

In modern digital audio systems, the frequencies can be reprogrammed. Not sure about an older system like what was in the Mark VI.
Perhaps one of our audiophile members will be able to answer the reprogramming question.

Good luck.

Paolo66

Most cars in the U.S. do that, it is normal for here. If you are in Italy and cars there usually have even frequencies on the radio, then your Mark VI was probably imported from the U.S. or somewhere else
277 / 5000

Risultati della traduzione​

thanks .. finally at least I have solved at least one problem. Yes, the car was sold in Florida in 1981 and then ... I don't know when ... it arrived in Germany ... and then in 1997 imported to Italy. Thank you very much .. that of the odd frequencies was information that I did not know !!!!!

Paolo66

Hi Paolo. Yes, it is normal in the US. Our radio station frequencies are on the odd bands (i.e. 101.1-101.3-101.5 etc.). So your Mark VI was likely originally a US vehicle.

In modern digital audio systems, the frequencies can be reprogrammed. Not sure about an older system like what was in the Mark VI.
Perhaps one of our audiophile members will be able to answer the reprogramming question.
thank you very much for your answer, it was a question to which I had no answer: in Europe there are even frequencies :) !! it's a shame because my favorite radio is on an even frequency: anyway I solved it with an MP3 player that transmits in radio frequency and since I don't pull up the antenna it's fine !! .. only the cassette player is broken. .. :-( but now my tapes are unlistenable !!!

biggio19

Do you still have these? Trying to find driver side sun visor, and some interior light covers, drivers side door armrest with switch panel. Thanks