• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

CD Player option?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Is there an option for a CD player in a 2020 or 2021 Nautilus?

Hi Cowpix. I just took a look at the Dealer Order Guides. Yes, there was an available single CD player in the 2020 model year.
It looks like no for the 2021's.

Good luck.

Corsart

Nov 12, 2020
Is there an option for a CD player in a 2020 or 2021 Nautilus?
CD players are so 20th century. The car has a number of USB ports, coupled with Spotify and a program like cinch audio you get all the music you want in digital quality ina super portable size with no room for scratches or skips.

Cowpix

Mar 25, 2021
CD players are so 20th century. The car has a number of USB ports, coupled with Spotify and a program like cinch audio you get all the music you want in digital quality ina super portable size with no room for scratches or skips.
Corsart, you may think it's so 20th century, but if you have a bunch of CD's and audio books, it's nice to use that format.

We will pick up our 2020 Nautilus Reserve Monday!

Corsart

Nov 12, 2020
Corsart, you may think it's so 20th century, but if you have a bunch of CD's and audio books, it's nice to use that format.

We will pick up our 2020 Nautilus Reserve Monday!
Yes, we've all been thru the 20th century together, and the same collection of 20th century technology. You have a choice here to get a portable CD player and plug it in, or transfer those CD's onto a USB memory stick.

Good luck with the new car!

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
CDs have gone the way of the dodo, just like cassette and 8Track tapes , so it’s not surprising that Lincoln doesn’t offer a CD player anymore (finally!). The OP should convert/burn his CDs to MP3 files, add them to his Music Library with Apple, Google, Amazon or whoever, and stream music from his phone. Welcome to the 21st century!

G-277622

CDs have gone the way of the dodo, just like cassette and 8Track tapes , so it’s not surprising that Lincoln doesn’t offer a CD player anymore (finally!). The OP should convert/burn his CDs to MP3 files, add them to his Music Library with Apple, Google, Amazon or whoever, and stream music from his phone. Welcome to the 21st century!
f the phone only a tracker

enigma-2

Oct 31, 2014
This modernization crap is killing me. I bought my grandson a new Dell desktop for Christmas. And you can't even option in a DVD player as an option. Had to buy a separate, USB drive DVS player / recorder as a separate purchase. Dell's excuse was no one is using CDs or DVDs any more.

Horse puckey!

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
This modernization crap is killing me. I bought my grandson a new Dell desktop for Christmas. And you can't even option in a DVD player as an option. Had to buy a separate, USB drive DVS player / recorder as a separate purchase. Dell's excuse was no one is using CDs or DVDs any more.

Horse puckey!
Well, they do have a point.... Software is downloaded from the internet these days, as are music and games. Why does he need a DVD option?

enigma-2

Oct 31, 2014
Because of old (favorite) software.

Besides I've used my laptop to watch old movies (on DVD).

And DVDR's make more reliable backups. (Can't tell you how many jump drives I've had fail).

New isn't always better. I have Lotus 123 and Excel loaded on my laptop. I can get 100x more work done in Lotus and 1000x faster than Excel. (In fact, Excel can't come close to 123's user programmable macros & Lotus Script).

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Because of old (favorite) software.

Besides I've used my laptop to watch old movies (on DVD).

And DVDR's make more reliable backups. (Can't tell you how many jump drives I've had fail).

New isn't always better. I have Lotus 123 and Excel loaded on my laptop. I can get 100x more work done in Lotus and 1000x faster than Excel. (In fact, Excel can't come close to 123's user programmable macros & Lotus Script).
Get off my lawn! ;) Here's an article on this topic.

A lot of the comments in the above article agree with you, but you can't really expect that manufacturers will continue to make older media forms compatible with current devices. At some point, you have to move on and update for the way things are done today. Taking your reasoning a bit further, I guess you believe auto manufacturers should still offer cassette tape players, right? How about 8 track players?