CD player in 2020 Corsair

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

yumacool

I own a 2017 MKC now and am interested in purchasing a 2020 Corsair. I occasionally use the CD player on my MKC and have enjoyed having it. Does the Corsair include a CD player? I sure hope so ...

HotrodLinkin

Do you know what it is called and where I can buy it?
I have forgotten, but go to the corvetteforum.com and enter cd player in the search tab... a thread will be shown with the info...hope this helps.

syl

All my CDs are in my cellphone, actually (and yes a lot of time was spent making that happen), so I just Bluetooth the phone to the car and I always have them with me wherever I go. That's a lot easier than having to switch the cd at a light or whenever I can. Maybe that might be worth considering?

bbf2530

I own a 2017 MKC now and am interested in purchasing a 2020 Corsair. I occasionally use the CD player on my MKC and have enjoyed having it. Does the Corsair include a CD player? I sure hope so ...

Hi yuma. Another option is to transfer/rip your CD's to a USB drive. Then you have all your music on one, handy little device, which you can even leave plugged in to one of the USB ports in your Corsair. This is what I did with all my music for my 2018 MKZ (which actually does still have a CD slot).

Purchase one of the mini-USB drives, which only stick out of the USB port 3/4"-1". I would recommend at least 32GB or larger. I leave mine plugged in to the USB port all the time, in what would have been considered the ashtray years ago.
Once you have started the USB drive, you can keep adding music and CD's to it as you need.

It may seem like a daunting task at first, according to how computer savvy you are. However, once you begin and learn how to do it properly, it is actually very easy. And having all your music on a USB drive is extremely convenient...and with the press of a button and a few words, allows you to use SYNC verbal commands to find and play any artist or song you want. No changing CD's necessary.

Just another option to ponder. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

HotrodLinkin

And then there is the other side to this story... While undergoing chemotherapy I needed something tedious and repetitive to occupy myself. So, I spent 6 days loading over 200 CDs onto a flash drive using my laptop. Very often I checked to confirm the files were stacking up on my computer safely. Yes, the music played on. When I was done with the boring awful task I took the drive out to my car to listen to some jams. Plugged it in and behold, nothing, zilch, nada, zero. What a waste of time and such a setback while dealing with the big "C".

I actually like my CD player and the fact that I can be independent of technology. I am a guitarist. I like to listen to the same CD over and over again so I can learn new licks and study the chords and patterns. So, switching CDs from time to time is not a big deal, not to mention CDs come with all kinds of interesting information on the paper sleeves, such as who is playing, songwriter, dates, pictures, and so on.

syl

1. Sorry about the chemo. Well, mostly sorry that you needed it at all.

2. You could have stopped sometime well before the 200th cd and checked to confirm that what you were doing was working. However, are you sure that you didn't simply copy the disks onto your laptop's disk somewhere, rather than to the removable drive? In which case the time wasn't wasted, you simply still need to copy the files to the removable drive.

3. I play guitar too, and have recorded and mixed others. Yes I like to listen to songs I'm learning (and mixes I'm working on, but that's really quite different) in the car, but I'm usually not trying to play along while I'm driving. That said, I'm opposite from you when it comes to listening to a disc repeatedly. I don't mind listening to a song repeatedly while I'm learning to play it, but when I'm just listening for pleasure, I won't want to hear the same thing again. More likely, I might want to listen to as much material as I have from a particular artist or group, all in a row. Most of the time, though, completely random play is what I prefer. One moment it's a rock tune, the next, perhaps old blues, then some country, some jazz, a little Motown, etc. That way, I never get tired of hearing any of it. Needless to say, I've also been a satellite radio subscriber for many years!

4. Do you play only acoustic guitar? Do you always just tune it strictly by ear? Unless you answer "yes" to both of these (and technically, even an acoustic guitar represents more than a little "technology"), you're not independent of technology when you play music, and you're certainly not independent of it while you drive the car, so why do you think you are when you're listening to a cd (technology!) while driving the car?

5. I have well over 1000 CDs, every one of them copied into my phone. I agree with your enjoyment of the cd "package", and the information it contains, photos, etc. I even recall a time when there was lament that we would lose these if we lost the lp record. Every single music track on my phone came from a cd that I bought and have in the house (well, except for those that I recorded and mixed, but I still have the original tracks to those). My suggestion wasn't about avoiding CDs, it was about having the entire selection always available in the car, and not needing to dig through and change them while driving.

I hope that's helpful.

HotrodLinkin

I have the 2021 corsair. Where did you purchase the cd player and what cd player did you purchase?
I will have to check, I think it's from eBay. Did you Google it?

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
No, because i wasnt sure what to google. This is the first vehicle that I've had without a cd player.

I don't believe you are going to have any luck. Even crutchfield has nothing for a 2021 Corsair except speakers. Might be time to bite the bullet and convert over to a mass storage device that meets your vehicle specifications for external media types. Flash drive, iPod, etc. All my music is on my phone and connects via bluetooth.

Last edited:

Reel4

I don't believe you are going to have any luck. Even crutchfield has nothing for a 2021 Corsair except speakers. Might be time to bite the bullet and convert over to a mass storage device that meets your vehicle specifications for external media types. Flash drive, iPod, etc. All my music is on my phone and connects via bluetooth.
Lincoln sent me an option so I'm going to look into it

HotrodLinkin

No, because i wasnt sure what to google. This is the first vehicle that I've had without a cd player.
I entered car CD player with USB.....you can take it from there, right? Many to choose from.....

HotrodLinkin

ok, I looked at mine. There are no logos or writings on it, so I can't give you an exact description. But, go to the corvetteforum.com and click on the search box. type in CD player and it should come up in the C7 section of the forums. There will be information in a thread in C7 General. One really cool thing is the unit will sit perfectly under the dashboard and out of sight. It's as if the shelf was made for it!

HotrodLinkin