CD changer in 2000 Lincoln Continental

Dills

My 2000 Lincoln Continental has the split middle console so the cd disk changer can not go there obviously. Does anyone know where it’s supposed to go? In the book it says the passenger footwell but I don’t see a spot. I also not sure where to find the wire. I’m pretty sure I can add the cd changer in though because the radio says cd on it. If someone could please give me some info that would be great!

flaokie

I’m not sure what you mean by “split console”.
5 passenger models have two separate front seats and a full floor console with floor shift selector.
The CD changer in these models is in the center console under the console lid.

The 6 passenger models have a full front seat, column mounted shift lever, with a small enclosure for cup holders and ashtray mounted under the center of the dash under the HVAC controls.

If I recall correctly, the CD changer mounts in this enclosure, from the passenger footwell side.

Dills

Yes, I have the 6 passenger model. I see in the book that it says to mount it in the passenger footwell but I’m just not really sure where it should be going because there doesn’t seem like there’s room. I removed the cup holder and ashtray that’s mounted under the HVAC controls but again I’m not sure where to place the cd changer and I also can not locate a wire to hook the cd changed up

flaokie

This is from the ’02 service manual.
Looks like the changer sits on a bracket inside the mini console.
You might need to get a mini console setup for the changer which would include the bracket and a side opening to access the CD magazine.
Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears there is one wiring harness that connects to the radio, and one harness that connects to the changer.
These two harnesses then connect together.

If you could find this setup in a junk yard it would be best to pull the complete console/changer/wiring harnesses. Also check ebay.

HTML