Carwash Water Coming Out Of Spoiler

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

When I took mine in for the seat pan repair yesterday I mentioned the excessive runout to the service advisor. She said they all do that and it is a common complaint. My car wash doesn’t have compressed air. I have angled the lift gate half open while I dry the rest of the vehicle and use the vacuum. I open and close it several times and take the car wash vacuum to the areas where the runout is most persistent.
I wanted to touch base with you concerning the excessive runout of water of both sides of the lift gate and spoiler. I mentioned this to my dealership and they said no one else has complained. I said 'really???' it's a known problem on the forum. They said they'd have to make an appt with a 3rd party company that deals in 'leaks'. This issue doesn't 'leak' into the vehicle, it runs down both sides of the lift gate trim and down the spoiler. I really don't want a 3rd party looking at it since it's a design issue. And anyway, why would they need someone to take care of 'leaks'. Not sure if I've explained this well enough but since you have this issue could you tell me your thoughts or how you've handled? Thank you!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I mentioned it to my dealership service department when I took mine in for a TSB. The service advisor told me it was a very common complaint. I have started opening the hatch halfway as soon as I’m out of the car wash. I dry the exterior and vacuum the interior before I lower and raise the hatch several times. My biggest gripe is it isn’t just water coming out but detergent as well. Even after the vehicle sits it continues to run out for over an hour. It’s maddening.

I mentioned it to my dealership service department when I took mine in for a TSB. The service advisor told me it was a very common complaint. I have started opening the hatch halfway as soon as I’m out of the car wash. I dry the exterior and vacuum the interior before I lower and raise the hatch several times. My biggest gripe is it isn’t just water coming out but detergent as well. Even after the vehicle sits it continues to run out for over an hour. It’s maddening.
Min

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
My carwash doesn't have compressed air. I have taken the vacuum to the offending areas to suck out as much water and detergent as possible but it continues to drain out.

HBcorsair

After taking the time to clay bar, detail and put a graphene ceramic spray coating on my pristine white ‘21, I don’t think that I would be able to run it though a car wash to even see if I had an issue. Washing it by hand has yielded no problems & it’s actually been pretty good therapy.

theone1211

hi..carwash is a bit problem for me..check on google.

Last edited:

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
After taking the time to clay bar, detail and put a graphene ceramic spray coating on my pristine white ‘21, I don’t think that I would be able to run it though a car wash to even see if I had an issue. Washing it by hand has yielded no problems & it’s actually been pretty good therapy.
No swirl o magic for me. Hand wash or touch less.