Carwash Water Coming Out Of Spoiler

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I have taken my Corsair GT through the car wash twice. Both times, an excessive amount of water runs out of the spoiler down the center to either side of the third tail light and on both outer edges. I'm not talking about drips. I'm talking about a steady stream of water that runs out for over 20 minutes.

The last trip through the car wash I opened the liftgate and kept it open while I dried my vehicle and vacuumed the floor. After I shut the liftgate, water continued to pour out. I even took the vacuum at the carwash and stuck it on the corners where the water was running out. This didn't stop it from running. I drove 5 minutes to the grocery store and had to wipe down the area again. I drove home and parked it in the garage and wiped it down again.

Several hours later when we were leaving to go out for the night I had to wipe off the area again where water had ran out and dried.

I'm thinking there is some sealer missing or something is wrong with the spoiler.

Encmerk

Havelock, NC
If you open the lift gate to approx 45 degree angle, you will get most if it. Be sure to check the little cubby to the right in the trunk. The high volume air dryer at my car wash will push suds into the vent on that side and they collect in the small tray under the vent.

I have taken my Corsair GT through the car wash twice. Both times, an excessive amount of water runs out of the spoiler down the center to either side of the third tail light and on both outer edges. I'm not talking about drips. I'm talking about a steady stream of water that runs out for over 20 minutes.

The last trip through the car wash I opened the liftgate and kept it open while I dried my vehicle and vacuumed the floor. After I shut the liftgate, water continued to pour out. I even took the vacuum at the carwash and stuck it on the corners where the water was running out. This didn't stop it from running. I drove 5 minutes to the grocery store and had to wipe down the area again. I drove home and parked it in the garage and wiped it down again.

Several hours later when we were leaving to go out for the night I had to wipe off the area again where water had ran out and dried.

I'm thinking there is some sealer missing or something is wrong with the spoiler.
I car wash my 2021 Corsair Reserve (non GT) at least once a wk. I find there’s water that runs from the spoiler down the back window. Also, water that runs down both sides of the gate lift sealed gap. i always dry off the wheels and any excess water But first I lift the gate and let it drip and dry that area last. It’s annoying but I don’t feel it’s excess. That area doesn’t leak. It’s been nice weather so I could but a little concerned with winter around the corner that I’ll have freezing in that area. Its always garaged so I’ll dry once I get home.

I found a car wash with compressed air hose. Usually, I will back in to a slot and blow it out... It just keeps coming!
I found a car wash with compressed air hose. Usually, I will back in to a slot and blow it out... It just keeps coming!
one of our car washes has the compressed air...just not the one I go to.

If you open the lift gate to approx 45 degree angle, you will get most if it. Be sure to check the little cubby to the right in the trunk. The high volume air dryer at my car wash will push suds into the vent on that side and they collect in the small tray under the vent.
So far, there’s been no water in that cubby. That’s where I keep my drying rags. But I’m going to run it thru a newer car wash that has the high volume dryers to check it. This is also the cw that has the compressed air hoses.

Same here. 2021 Corsair Reserve

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
When I took mine in for the seat pan repair yesterday I mentioned the excessive runout to the service advisor. She said they all do that and it is a common complaint. My car wash doesn’t have compressed air. I have angled the lift gate half open while I dry the rest of the vehicle and use the vacuum. I open and close it several times and take the car wash vacuum to the areas where the runout is most persistent.

JB IN AZ

Years ago, when I bought one of my many new cars (forget which one) I was gushing about how much I liked it online, and the comment was. .."Yeah nice, but is it a weeper?" Meaning: does it continue to drip water from trim pieces after a car wash? I contend the Corsair is a real gusher, not a weeper.

One recommendation I would have is to use a leaf blower to get it all out if possible. I use one normally every time I wash my vehicle since its what my detailer recommended.
The dealer recommended a leaf blower??? Really!! How about a fix! We used the car wash air hose.