Can warranty work for a Navigator be taken to any Ford dealer?

2021Navigator

New member here, sorry for asking a question in my first post.

If you purchase a Navigator are you required to take it to only a Lincoln dealer for warranty work or could you take it to any Ford dealer as well?

bbf2530

New member here, sorry for asking a question in my first post.

If you purchase a Navigator are you required to take it to only a Lincoln dealer for warranty work or could you take it to any Ford dealer as well?

Hi 2020. Welcome to the Lincoln Forums. And no need to apologize about having a question. That is why most owners come here in the first place. ;)

You can take your Navigator to a Ford Dealer. However, there are reasons you should try to use a Lincoln Dealer if you can: First, familiarity. There are features, on Lincolns, some major, which are not available on Fords.
Second...If you need a complementary loaner, a Ford Dealer is not required to provide one and is not automatically reimbursed by Lincoln/Ford. Therefore, getting one from a Ford Dealer can/will be an issue.

You can also call the Service Department of whichever Ford Dealer you are thinking of using and ask them how they handle/what their policy is towards warranty work for Lincoln vehicles, complementary loaners etc.

So my recommendation: In an emergency or for regular maintenance/oil changes etc), no problem. But for warranty work, if you have the choice, use a Lincoln Dealer.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

2021Navigator

Thanks so much for a quick reply!

Here is a little background about my question. We are currently looking for a new vehicle and a Navigator is on the short list, however we live in a rural area and there is only one small local Lincoln dealer with a limited selection, but there are 4-5 local Ford dealers.

One thought was to possibly purchase a Navigator from a more metropolitan area where we have relatives and there are a few more larger Lincoln dealers with a better selection and they may be more willing to negotiate on a deal. However, If we purchased from the larger dealer, not too sure how well that might go over with the local dealer and them providing service for it in the future?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL

Here is a little background about my question. We are currently looking for a new vehicle and a Navigator is on the short list, however we live in a rural area and there is only one small local Lincoln dealer with a limited selection, but there are 4-5 local Ford dealers.

One thought was to possibly purchase a Navigator from a more metropolitan area where we have relatives and there are a few more larger Lincoln dealers with a better selection and they may be more willing to negotiate on a deal. However, If we purchased from the larger dealer, not too sure how well that might go over with the local dealer and them providing service for it in the future?
The dealer has to perform warranty work whether or not you purchased it from them.

When I negotiate, I tell them I will use their service department. The salesman may not care, but the powers that be can see negotiating a better sale price will lead to better ling term profits in the service department and overall bottom line.

I bought mine from a dealer 45 minutes away due to price. The dealer 10 minutes away has done several of me "Free anytime" care ashes on my Black Label vehicle even though I didn't buy from them.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Someone may chime in and say that dealers are individual businesses, but Lincoln has told me that, as in the case above, the closer dealer still has to provide the agreed upon service, such as my free car washes.

bbf2530

Hi 2020. Another option, and personally I consider it to be a better one...would be to factory order what you want from the local Dealer, instead of settling for what any Dealer may have on the lot.

Then you get exactly what you want, in the color you want. No added equipment you did not want but took because it was "close to what I wanted". No missing equipment because what you really wanted was not on the lot.

In addition...your new Lincoln was not sitting on the lot for who knows how long, being test driven by God knows who and their sticky fingered toddlers. It comes in on the truck, they call you, prep it and you take it home.

Negotiate your best price at several Dealerships, including the close one and further. Then make your best decision as to what is best for you.

And as Black Label mentioned, any Lincoln Dealer is supposed to provide service, no matter where the Lincoln vehicle was originally purchased. However, it is true that sometimes can not be the case.

Also, to Black Label: Non Black Label Dealership are under no obligation to provide certain Black Label perks, such as free unlimited car washes, the annual detailing etc.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Last edited:

2021Navigator

Hi 2020. Another option, and personally I consider it to be a better one...would be to factory order what you want from the local Dealer, instead of settling for what any Dealer may have on the lot.

Then you get exactly what you want, in the color you want. No added equipment you did not want but took because it was "close to what I wanted". No missing equipment because what you rally wanted was not on the lot.

In addition...your new Lincoln was not sitting on the lot for who knows how long, being test driven by God knows who and their sticky fingered toddlers. It comes in on the truck, they call you, prep it and you take it home.

Negotiate your best price at several Dealerships, including the close one and further. Then make your best decision as to what is best for you.

And as Black Label mentioned, any Lincoln Dealer is supposed to provide service, no matter where the Lincoln vehicle was originally purchased. However, it is true that sometimes can not be the case.

Also, to Black Label: Non Black Label Dealership are under no obligation to provide certain Black Label perks, such as free unlimited car washes, the annual detailing etc.

Hope this information helps and good luck.
I apricate the advise, if you order a Navigator now will it be a 2021?

Any idea what is "a good deal" on ordering a Navigator, something like X% off of MSRP?

bbf2530

I apricate the advise, if you order a Navigator now will it be a 2021?

Any idea what is "a good deal" on ordering a Navigator, something like X% off of MSRP?

Hi 2020. The last information I have seen stated that 2021 production would begin on 12/1. So yes, if you order one now it would be a 2021.

As far as pricing, check Edmunds.com, Consumer Reports and other online pricing services to see what Invoice is, then work off that. Or if you belong to Costco or one of many other stores/services that offer Member Pricing/buyer plans, use them to get pricing information.

Keep us updated and good luck.

2021Navigator

Hi 2020. The last information I have seen stated that 2021 production would begin on 12/1. So yes, if you order one now it would be a 2021.

As far as pricing, check Edmunds.com, Consumer Reports and other online pricing services to see what Invoice is, then work off that. Or if you belong to Costco or one of many other stores/services that offer Member Pricing/buyer plans, use them to get pricing information.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Sounds good, thanks!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Around me, there are no dedicated Lincoln dealers. They are all Ford/Lincoln. Depends on the area I guess as far as demand goes.
Th dealer closest to me that I referenced is stand alone. It's a dump, however. Google Ogden Lincoln of Westmont and check out the pictures.

Fair Oaks, about 25 minutes away, is co-loctaed. However, they are about a month away from opening a dedicated and brand new Lincoln facility right down the road. Big, luxurious, only Lincoln, fancy cascading water wall, etc. Can't wait.

Im a retired Ford worker and get A-plan which is about 5,000 under dealer invoice I paid 89,576 for my black Label 2020 list was 98,850 and they had a 1,500 rebate and dealer money that I got in addition to a-plan, so really good deal!Also you can take it to any dealer you want to but the Lincoln dealers will treat you the best.

2021Navigator

Im a retired Ford worker and get A-plan which is about 5,000 under dealer invoice I paid 89,576 for my black Label 2020 list was 98,850 and they had a 1,500 rebate and dealer money that I got in addition to a-plan, so really good deal!Also you can take it to any dealer you want to but the Lincoln dealers will treat you the best.

Thanks for the information and Congratulation on your new Black Label!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Wow! I think I did pretty good on my own getting $900 below invoice, but yours is awesome!

Thanks for the information and Congratulation on your new Black Label!
Thank you! Its an awesome vehicle I appreciate it more every time I climb inside.I drove Lincolns most of my life since my 20,s and I am 58 and am a retired Ford assembly worker so I drove the best cars Lincoln had available and I think the new Navigator Black Label is in a class of its own the pinacle of American luxury!

The dealer has to perform warranty work whether or not you purchased it from them.

When I negotiate, I tell them I will use their service department. The salesman may not care, but the powers that be can see negotiating a better sale price will lead to better ling term profits in the service department and overall bottom line.

I bought mine from a dealer 45 minutes away due to price. The dealer 10 minutes away has done several of me "Free anytime" care ashes on my Black Label vehicle even though I didn't buy from them.
Yeah owning a Black Label is awesome! Its really nice to get anytime car washes I use the dealer thats 5 minutes from my house,he would not give me the best deal but he still has to honor the Lincoln agreement and wash my truck for free!

Chesapeake Limo

Unless your local Lincoln dealer is Preston Lincoln...then you're much better-off with the Ford dealership. Apparently, that Lincoln dealer has no idea what they are doing. Had to figure that out the hard way.

Torquer

We bought our 2019 Navigator from a Lincoln dealer about 30 miles from our home. However, where I work is only about 15 miles from the dealership. So on several occasions, I have had the Lincoln dealer pick up my SUV for service from where I work. This worked out great.

However, when covid started and I am working from home now, we needed an oil change and the 30 miles was now outside the 25 mile limit for free pickup/delivery for service. So instead of driving the 30 miles to the Lincoln dealer, I drove to a much closer Ford dealer for the oil change. I asked the Ford service manager and he said they are happy to do any warranty or non-warranty work on a Navigator. However, he did suggest that if the repair is not on a system in common with the Ford Expedition, they might have to wait a bit longer to get parts and their technicians might not be as experienced with it. So although he said they could do anything, he hinted it might be better to take it to a Lincoln dealer in that case.