Lincoln Forums Navigation:

can factory fog lights be added.

TCUltimate2004

Concord NC
ive seen several LTC's all have fog lights and it got me thinking if this is possible to get a set of factory ones and install them on mine. And would the wiring be tucked away incase someone wants to add them?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have seen pictures of the 2003 model where factory fog lamps were added by cutting the bumper cover at the factory location, and they looked good. The 2003 Cartier had fog lamps but I am not sure about the 2004 equivalent Ultimate, if it had fog lamps as an option. I will see what I can find.

Wiring them to work automatically through a relay to the low beam that would switch them on and the high beam to switch them off would be elegant wiring solution. We cannot drive with 6 "headlamps" lighted at the same time, but I don't know about the US. I have driven cars with that fog light switch built into the main light switch and it is a pain.

Good luck.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Attached is the procedure to replace the fog lights on a 2006 Town Car. It shows the attachment location and fasteners. The electrical circuit involves the LCM in the logic control, here is what Ford says about the 2006 model's fog lamp feature if installed:

"The fog lamp system consists of the following:

Fog lamps
Fog lamp relay
Headlamp switch

When the fog lamp switch is engaged, the high beams are not illuminated, and the lighting control module (LCM) has commanded the exterior lamps on if the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position, then the fog lamp relay is energized and power is supplied to the fog lamps."

I have the diagnostic info for the 2006 model but not for the 2004 model.

It may be a lot simpler to wire the fog lamps with a separate relay and switch.

Good luck.

Attachments

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
As far as I can see the 2003 model may have fog lights, the 2004 and 2005 do not have fog lights, the 2006 and 2007 (I have the brochure) may have fog lights, the 2008 does not have fog lamps (I have the brochure). The 2009, 2010 and 2011 do not appear to have fog lights.

Good luck.

TCUltimate2004

Concord NC
ah ok so that feature looks to be hit or miss for several years of the 03-11 towncar. i wonder if its as easy or simple as putting in fog lights, the wires for the bulbs and the headlight switch for them to work? IIRC last month or so i was at the store and saw a lincoln that was like mine IE ultimate badging and it had fog lights, but couldn't find the owner to ask what year. I'll look on ebay to see if i can locate the needed items, i was able to find my heated seat elements that i got tested at ford to see why my driver seat wasnt working. sorry for the topic hopping.

Attached is the procedure to replace the fog lights on a 2006 Town Car. It shows the attachment location and fasteners. The electrical circuit involves the LCM in the logic control, here is what Ford says about the 2006 model's fog lamp feature if installed:

Fog lamps
Fog lamp relay
Headlamp switch

When the fog lamp switch is engaged, the high beams are not illuminated, and the lighting control module (LCM) has commanded the exterior lamps on if the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position, then the fog lamp relay is energized and power is supplied to the fog lamps."

Good luck.

Last edited:

Fog lamps
Fog lamp relay
Headlamp switch

Good luck.
Got any tech info on if the wires/plugs are hidden on a signature L of it did not come with them? Any info on relay location? Thanks

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Got any tech info on if the wires/plugs are hidden on a signature L of it did not come with them? Any info on relay location? Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.

I cannot find the relay in either the passenger compartment fuse panel or the battery junction box. It may be located in the LCM (lighting control module) since several conditions must be set to turn on the fog lights, but I don't know. My 2007 model did not have the fog lamps and I never saw any wiring that could be for that purpose, but I never looked for it either. In my opinion the fog lamps are just a decoration and serve no practical purpose. They are mounted way too low to actually provide effective lighting in fog or misty conditions.

Sorry.

Welcome to the Forum.

I cannot find the relay in either the passenger compartment fuse panel or the battery junction box. It may be located in the LCM (lighting control module) since several conditions must be set to turn on the fog lights, but I don't know. My 2007 model did not have the fog lamps and I never saw any wiring that could be for that purpose, but I never looked for it either. In my opinion the fog lamps are just a decoration and serve no practical purpose. They are mounted way too low to actually provide effective lighting in fog or misty conditions.

Sorry.
Okay thanks! I'm having an issue when i put gas in the tank also. The gas nozzle keeps clicking as if a vent is clogged or something is blocking the gas from going in fast enough. Any ideas or suggestions?

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
I don't know how similar the '03 and '04 are in the fuse/relays, but on my '03, relay 207 ( 1/2 ISO ) in the power distribution box under the hood is for foglamps, and is shown in the owner's manual. The A/C clutch in my TC was getting intermittent so I swapped the clutch relay 204 which is the same type with the foglamp relay. Now the A/C works okay and the foglamps don't work at all. Which in Texas is a pretty good trade-off :) Auto stores don't seem to carry that relay so I need to order one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML