• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Can a broken side mirror be under warranty?

Chief Dick

I just bought a 2020 continental (290 miles) and went out this morning and found a crack in the drivers side mirror. No reason to explain it. Dealer claims this wouldn't be covered under my vehicle warranty. It doesn't seem right to me. Anybody have any experience with this type of problem?

brucelinc

Minneapolis
Are you talking about the mirror glass? Was the car parked where vandalism could occur? Is it possible someone backed out of the garage and caught the mirror on the garage door frame? I have no experience with this but wouldn't the comprehensive coverage on your insurance be the appropriate remedy if it was vandalism or a rock got thrown up into the mirror?

Chief Dick

Thanks for the feed-back... Car was parked in my suburban back yard. No sign of any vandalism. the mirror glass has a hairline semi-circular crack that I first thought was a long piece of grass. Not sure yet what cost is involved but pretty sure it will be less than my ins. deductible so I guess it will be "out of pocket".

HTML