Can’t turn off the auto start/stop feature?

mapkos13

What the hell is that about? $80k car and I don’t get to choose to use a feature that I absolutely hate?

Why won’t they allow you permand toy disable this instead of making me turn it off every time I start the engine. Completely ridiculous.

Anyone have a workaround?

mapkos13

Just ordered ...

GT500

I'm sure there is an owner software tool available to do this with your ELM327 OBD-II adapter and a laptop, similar to Forscan but with toggle functions in addition to scan functions.

III-guy

Change Drive Mode to EXCITE. The auto start/stop is not active and the dash symbol @ is white with a slash through it.

mapkos13

I got the Autostop eliminator last week. I stalled in less than 5 minutes and couldn’t be happier. It completely overrides the feature so it never turns on at all no matter what drive mode you’re in. Highly recommend.

GT500

Change Drive Mode to EXCITE. The auto start/stop is not active and the dash symbol @ is white with a slash through it.
That's a great free work around, thanks for reminding us!

bbf2530

Hi gang. For those who care about fuel mileage: Keep in mind that "Excite" mode changes the transmission/gear mapping (it will hold lower gears longer/minimize OD usage) and you will get lower overall mpg's/fuel mileage.

Good luck.

Last edited:

FordLincoln

Is there a way to manually override this feature (I know you have to do it everytime that you get in the car)? I have looked, but I can't find any screen or button to push or set to turn it off.

bbf2530

Is there a way to manually override this feature (I know you have to do it everytime that you get in the car)? I have looked, but I can't find any screen or button to push or set to turn it off.
Hi FL. No, not in the Driver Information Center settings.

However, there is an aftermarket, Auto Start/Stop eliminator device you can purchase. Just Google "Auto Start/Stop eliminator".

Good luck.

FordLincoln

Thanks for the reply bbf. I know this manual disable feature is available on the F150. I wonder why Lincoln didn't put it in the Aviator?

bbf2530

Thanks for the reply bbf. I know this manual disable feature is available on the F150. I wonder why Lincoln didn't put it in the Aviator?

Hi FL. I may have misunderstood your question when you said "(I know you have to do it everytime that you get in the car)". I thought you were asking if it can be permanently turned off using the Driver Information Center settings.

If you were asking if Auto Start/Stop can be overridden in a permanent manner (the question I answered previously) the answer is no. You would need to purchase an aftermarket Auto Start/Stop override device. That is the question I answered earlier.

However, if you were asking if there is a per-use manual override feature in the Aviator's Driver Information Center settings, which you can use to deactivate Auto Start/Stop each time you start the vehicle, then the answer is yes. Just check your Owners Manual for the correct procedure for your particular vehicle.

Good luck.

Last edited:

FordLincoln

I just read the section in the owners manual - I'll have to see if I can navigate to the correct menu to do it. I wish they would have just kept the one button you had to push on the dash like before to manually disable it whenever you started up!!!

mapkos13

I just read the section in the owners manual - I'll have to see if I can navigate to the correct menu to do it. I wish they would have just kept the one button you had to push on the dash like before to manually disable it whenever you started up!!!
It’s easy. Center dash there’s three buttons. Press the large bottom one (think it’s the lowest) it’ll pull up the screen when you can just toggle off the feature. It’s a hard button on the dash not a soft touch on the screen Although you can find it in the menus too.

III-guy

It’s easy. Center dash there’s three buttons. Press the large bottom one (think it’s the lowest) it’ll pull up the screen when you can just toggle off the feature. It’s a hard button on the dash not a soft touch on the screen Although you can find it in the menus too.
Yea! I like this method best. Its push the button then up pops the driver assistance & the top option is to turn off Auto Stop/Start. Then you are done.
Its number 13 in the Quick Reference Guide but all the Quick Reference discusses is Auto Hold. So Auto Stop/Start has been hiding in plain sight.

FordLincoln

That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the reply! I don't know why the button doesn't have the auto stop/start logo with the "A"?? I thought that button had something to do with lane centering!!!

ncnmra

I thought I'd hate this feature, but it is actually quite transparent, and makes the car super quiet/vibration free at the stop light.

I'd be super surprised if you couldn't turn this off via ForScan. I got to many hidden features on my 14&18 Explorers using that tool. Does anyone know if it works with the 2020 Aviator?