Cabin air filter

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Cekkk

It was time for an oil change in my 2020 corsair. I went online and purchased an oil filter and an air filter. Took same into my mechanic and when I picked the vehicle up he told me the air filter did not fit. He showed me a picture of the two, one was larger than the other. He said that the same incorrect filter number comes up on the usual Auto supply stores. So do I have to obtain a filter from the dealer? It would not be such a big deal if he weren't 65 MI away. And he'll probably charge me triple the usual price. Any comments or suggestions? Thank you.

bbf2530

It was time for an oil change in my 2020 corsair. I went online and purchased an oil filter and an air filter. Took same into my mechanic and when I picked the vehicle up he told me the air filter did not fit. He showed me a picture of the two, one was larger than the other. He said that the same incorrect filter number comes up on the usual Auto supply stores. So do I have to obtain a filter from the dealer? It would not be such a big deal if he weren't 65 MI away. And he'll probably charge me triple the usual price. Any comments or suggestions? Thank you.

Hi Cekk. You don't "have to" purchase from the Dealer, but you do need to find the correct part number and a place to purchase that correct part.

I believe the part number is listed in your Owners Manual in the Maintenance and Specifications section. If not, you can call (since you are so far away) the Parts Department of you local Lincoln or Ford Dealer, and ask them for the correct part number and their price. Also, keep in mind that the Dealer prices are negotiable.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I ordered a cabin filter for my MKS from Amazon. Said it was a direct fit aftermarket replacement. When it arrived, it was for a 2012-2020 Dodge Charger and was way too big. So, I just got off my lazy butt and went to walmart and picked out the right one myself...lol

Cekkk

Hi Cekk. You don't "have to" purchase from the Dealer, but you do need to find the correct part number and a place to purchase that correct part.

I believe the part number is listed in your Owners Manual in the Maintenance and Specifications section. If no0t, you can call (since you are so far away) the Parts Department of you local Lincoln or Ford Dealer, and ask them for the correct part number and their price. Also, keep in mind that the Dealer prices are negotiable.

Thanks. I didn't know they'd negotiate on a part. First, they'd need to answer the phone. I'm 0 for 3 so far.

bbf2530

Thanks. I didn't know they'd negotiate on a part. First, they'd need to answer the phone. I'm 0 for 3 so far.

Hi Cekk. Yes, parts prices, service etc are negotiable. I find that simply nicely asking if they can do anything on the price will usually get me somewhere. Of course, it all depends on the individual Dealership, the employee we are speaking with, what kind of day they are having, etc. etc..

And past experience shows going to the Dealership and speaking face to face (when possible) will also work better than phone calls.

Cekkk

Hi Cekk. Yes, parts prices, service etc are negotiable. I find that simply nicely asking if they can do anything on the price will usually get me somewhere. Of course, it all depends on the individual Dealership, the employee we are speaking with, what kind of day they are having, etc. etc..

And past experience shows going to the Dealership and speaking face to face (when possible) will also work better than phone calls.

I absolutely agree about face-to-face negotiating versus telephone. On the other hand, $20 worth of gasoline is not going to be made up for in any negotiation over a filter. So I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place unless I can find a decent price. And they finally answered the phone. This overpriced at $15 filter is mine for the low low price of $40 and change. Plus of course shipping.

bbf2530

I absolutely agree about face-to-face negotiating versus telephone. On the other hand, $20 worth of gasoline is not going to be made up for in any negotiation over a filter. So I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place unless I can find a decent price. And they finally answered the phone. This overpriced at $15 filter is mine for the low low price of $40 and change. Plus of course shipping.

Hi Cekkk. Google the part number and see if you can find it for less from the numerous online Lincoln/Ford parts suppliers.

Good luck.