Cabin Air Filter

Babyburr

I found out that my 2005 Town Car has no cabin air filter. I don’t know or understand Lincoln’s thinking on that. Dumb! I guess. So, I’m going to make my own and see if it works.
Anyone else done this? Do any of you think there should be one or does the car not need it?

bbf2530

I found out that my 2005 Town Car has no cabin air filter. I don’t know or understand Lincoln’s thinking on that. Dumb! I guess. So, I’m going to make my own and see if it works.
Anyone else done this? Do any of you think there should be one or does the car not need it?

Hi Babyburr. Cabin air filters were not as common back then (2005 model year). My 2007 MKZ does not have one either, and they were not introduced into the MKZ until a few model years later.

Does your 2005 Town Car need one? Well, it is an opinion question, so I guess it can be looked at in at least two ways:
First, if you have allergies or other respiratory issues, I guess it could only help.
Second, my personal opinion...no, it does not really need one.

However, if you have the skills, time, energy and creativity to create a way to do it, take photos of your project and post them when you are finished. Your work may help another member who wants to do the same in the future.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

Babyburr

How is it working out for you? Do you recommend doing this?
I’m just trying to keep so much trash and debri from getting on the screen to air box. Biggest hassle so far, are those stinkin long screws!

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
I recall an air filter from a Jeep being the proper size to fit our hole nicely. I have not been worried about the cabin air so, i didn't pay too much atrention.