Cabin air filter question.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
How many cabin air filters do we have in the MKT? Do we have one for the read of the cabin as well? Might be a stupid question but someone wanted to be smart and came by to talk to me when I was changing mine in my office parking lot and said he had a van which had 2 cabin air filters.. I am not sure if we do too in the MKT?

Just replaced mine at 20k and it was crap! Had an awesome filter available for discount and I can totally tell the difference in the flow and don't smell the gasoline fumes when someone floors it in front of me.!

Lastly, why did the OEM filter get dirty only on one part of the filter? There is a completely unused/clean area on the filter... something funky?

Attachments

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I’m going to guess we only have one. The owner’s manual would show it, but I’m feeling too lazy right now to look it up. I’d say Ford is too cheap to use more than one.

As for the clean areas, it’s apparent those are areas that air rarely or never passes through. I still have to change mine. When I finally get around to it, I’ll see how it looks.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Yeah, the OEM for the MKX is a glorified strainer. FoMo doesn't even offer an activated carbon filter option.
You should definitely give the PUROLATOR BOSS a try! It is different from a HEPA filter so does not reduce the flow any bit. It did fit quite snug. I was thinking of another filter called FRAM which had febreeze smell as well but read multiple reviews of it being delivered in the wrong size or it not fitting correctly.

whatsupdoc

There's only one cabin air filter, the dealer recently replaced mine as part of 15,000 mile service.

I’m going to guess we only have one. The owner’s manual would show it, but I’m feeling too lazy right now to look it up. I’d say Ford is too cheap to use more than one.

As for the clean areas, it’s apparent those are areas that air rarely or never passes through. I still have to change mine. When I finally get around to it, I’ll see how it looks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML