• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Bulb question

Steve G

aghhh I gotta teach a lesson!

I\'m going to have to kill my cousin. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the interior of my \'stang. It was nasty, I took out about 5 pounds of sand and crap just from the rear area. I removed the seats, carpet, consol and whatever I could get my hands on. Everything is pretty clean now. Oh and I removed the tar like material from the floor boards and some insulation, it only weighed 55 pounds total.

Anyway I ask my dad if he wants to try the car and my stupid cousin shows up so my dad asks him to sit in the back. So now we are 3, my dad weighs 220lbs and my cousin and I total about 320 pounds... I was riding shotgun so I noticed how my dad never pushed the car beyond 2500rpm which doesn\'t do very much.

SO MY STUPID COUSIN IS TELLING EVERYONE how slow my car is compared to his :wtf: How I\'d be 20 cars behind his at the strip. Last time we raced, I was at his door and I had a slipping clutch. He\'s starting to piss me off (well not really, I\'m used to it). I will go to the track to get a timeslip, he\'s not very hard to beat since his best time is 14.7@93mph in his stock 95GT. I have a stock 89 notchback (with NO options), flowtech headers, off-road x-pipe, turndowns at the diff, G3 alt swap, underdrive pulleys, centerforce clutch, adj. firewall clutch cable thingy, alum. quadrant, and electric fan. I do have the shitty 2:73 gearing though. I want to install some 3:73\'s before going at the track and I won\'t let my cousin know about the gear change. I\'ve been wanting to do this for a month now but never had the time. As soon as I hit my vacation, I will do this little adventure.

If I can pull a very low 14 second run with what he thinks a stock notchback, it should shut him up pretty good. I know it\'s wrong but he is really turning into a prick. Not only that but he goes to a pro engine builder and starts to tell the guy how his 95GT has 300HP and it broke the dyno because it yielded too much torque??? :lmao: HE ALSO POINTED AT MY CAR AND SAID \"My 95 can beat those old 5.0\'s all day long without even pressing the gas\" AND HE WAS 100% SERIOUS TOO. Then the guy started to laugh when my cousin showed him the 100% stock 95 5.0L under the hood.

My cousin also said he raced a friend of mine and how he beat him by 10 cars... Well one night I got in with my friend and he held his own pretty good and just about beat my cousin buy a car length in his stock 91LX hatchback with 3:27 gearing and my friend isn\'t a great driver. Of course my cousin got the excuses flying \"my gas tank is too full, I missed 2nd and 3rd gear, my engine runs too rich, my tire pressure isn\'t right, etc...\" NO JOKE!

Oh and my cousin also has the nerve to tell everyone that his 95GT weighs less than my notchback and that the 95HO is better than the 89 because the 89 has heavy forged pistons. I mean I\'m not all hyper about it, I will just go get a timeslip to shut him up but you guys should hear all the junk he says... HE also swears he did a 100mph run and could be in the 13\'s if only he can \"not miss 2nd gear\". Of course he doesn\'t have that 100mph timeslip anywhere. He also thinks he\'d be only 1 car behind in a race with his brother which owns a mid 12 second muscle car... :lol: :wtf: His brother is pretty darn pissed off at him since he takes to heart more than I do... :shocked:

Yup yup, that\'s my rant for the morning. So I will get the damn gears installed and go race I\'m hoping for a 14.2 with the 3:73\'s

Potato

What about those AFRs that you have in the garage? You still have the Cobra intake too, right?

Steve G

Sold the Cobra intake, still have the AFR\'s I sold the 4:10\'s because I think 4:10\'s would have been too much... Keeping the AFR winter project.

NYC LS8

[quote name=\'Steve G\']..I sold the 4:10\'s because I think 4:10\'s would have been too much... [/QUOTE]

p$%#y.

Mine are staying with the Novi GSS sitting on my bedroom floor.

Potato

[quote name=\'NYC LSC\']That\'s besides the point. He\'s still a p$%#y.

:p[/QUOTE]

I\'m not arguing that fact, I\'m merely stating that you\'re 800lbs heavier than he is

68Stang

[quote name=\'NYC LSC\']p$%#y.[/QUOTE]
:werd:

po-po 5.0

I ran a 14.7 in my no option, police package, notch. Just to let you know, you may or may not be able to handle him. It all depends on how well you drive.

Steve G

I drive pretty good, I go to the friday night legal street races at the track to practice my launches and banging gears without breaking everything... He isn\'t the best of drivers so I\'m sure he\'d spin his wheels a lot on take off due to his nerves, but that won\'t help because he\'d use that as an excuse and still continue to tell people he beat me by 20 cars lol

I think my coil is starting to go bad and my TPS sensor is acting up... I may install my blaster coil and MSD box this weekend (which doesn\'t give any power but at least the engine will run fine again). For the TPS sensor, I will find a used 65mm TB and install that for now since it would be cheaper than buying a whole new sensor anyway...

po-po 5.0

[quote name=\'Steve G\']I drive pretty good, I go to the friday night legal street races at the track to practice my launches and banging gears without breaking everything... He isn\'t the best of drivers so I\'m sure he\'d spin his wheels a lot on take off due to his nerves, but that won\'t help because he\'d use that as an excuse and still continue to tell people he beat me by 20 cars lol

I think my coil is starting to go bad and my TPS sensor is acting up... I may install my blaster coil and MSD box this weekend (which doesn\'t give any power but at least the engine will run fine again). For the TPS sensor, I will find a used 65mm TB and install that for now since it would be cheaper than buying a whole new sensor anyway...[/QUOTE]

Last time I bought a TPS it was like $15. You can get a 65mm tb with a sensor for less than that?

Steve G

Parts store told me it was 160 bucks :eek: hmmm I need to go to another parts store but I can get a used 65mm Ford Racing TB for under 100 bucks :D

Steve G

Yeah well know I know... I will order one right now to get rid of this problem.. sometimes my engine will stay \"stuck\" at 2500 to 3000 rpm and the only way to get it back to idle is to turn it off and on again.

96DiamondVIII

Whatever happened to not modding that car over the summer? :lol:

Potato

[quote name=\'96DiamondVIII\']Whatever happened to not modding that car over the summer? :lol:[/QUOTE]

His sheep were going to leave him for someone more exciting so he had to spice things up

po-po 5.0

[quote name=\'Steve G\']Yeah well know I know... I will order one right now to get rid of this problem.. sometimes my engine will stay \"stuck\" at 2500 to 3000 rpm and the only way to get it back to idle is to turn it off and on again.[/QUOTE]

Thats normally an IABV problem not a TPS problem.

EDIT: they aren\'t $160 either.

NYC LS8

Idle Air Bypass Valve
Idle Air Control

Same thing. Different name.

HTML