Best place to buy extended warranty?

don pablo

Hi- I'm new to the Lincoln line. We recently purchased a 2020 Nautilus for my wife. I'm considering the purchase of an extended warranty. My experience on the forum for my car is that there is typically one or two dealers around the country that are known for having the best deals.

Are there any particular dealers or sales persons you can recommend to find the best deals? I found Lombard Ford online that appears to claim they have the best prices. They sell Ford Protect but say it covers Lincoln as well.

Thanks for the help.

Don P

bbf2530

Hi- I'm new to the Lincoln line. We recently purchased a 2020 Nautilus for my wife. I'm considering the purchase of an extended warranty. My experience on the forum for my car is that there is typically one or two dealers around the country that are known for having the best deals.

Are there any particular dealers or sales persons you can recommend to find the best deals? I found Lombard Ford online that appears to claim they have the best prices. They sell Ford Protect but say it covers Lincoln as well.

Thanks for the help.

Don P

Hi Don. After extensive online and local Lincoln/Ford Dealer searching, I have purchased the ESP/LincolnProtect Plans for my last 4 Lincolns from Harold Ziegler Auto Group: Save $$ on Genuine Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Always next in price, usually ~$25 higher, was Flood Ford: Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

Lombard was usually ~$50-$100 higher.

The purchase from Ziegler has always been hassle free in my experiences.

Google "Lincoln ESP Plans", check them all, shop around, find the reputable LincolnProtect sellers, and take the lowest price. Also, make sure you shop "apples to apples", since there are many variables: Time/Mileage limits, Deductibles, LED Lighting coverage, Keyfob coverage, Rental Car coverage etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

don pablo

Thanks for the reply.
Did you purchase when the cars were new? Or wait until just prior to OEM warranty expiration?
Do the prices ramp up as mileage on the car goes up?

bbf2530

Thanks for the reply.
Did you purchase when the cars were new? Or wait until just prior to OEM warranty expiration?
Do the prices ramp up as mileage on the car goes up?

Hi Don. I purchased when my cars were new.

After 1 year, there is an additional $100 fee. That was the rule as of my last purchase, in 2018.
While I do not believe the Plan prices have automatic increases over the lifetime of the New Car Warranty (I haven't checked, since I purchase when new), I assume the plan price may increase due to inflation, overall vehicle repair records etc (just hypothesizing).

If you think you may sell the vehicle before the warranty expires, you can always wait.

However, if you assume you will be keeping the vehicle more than 4 years/50,000 miles, my philosophy is: The plan price will not go down before our warranty expires, and may even go up. Therefore, may as well purchase in the first year, save the $100 fee, and avoid any future Plan price increases.

Just my opinion, for what it is worth. ;)

Let us know how you make out and good luck.