Battery issues with 2020 Navigator

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Test drive a 2021 Escalade and you will want to give up your Navigator. I did and I ordered an Escalade.
Why? I test drove multiple Navigators. Issues that show up after purchase probably won't be evident in a test drive.

But, I think Escalades, with the gaudy taillights and GMisms are ugly. So, I'd still get a Navigator given the choice.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Well, just got a call from the service manager. Tech found a bad cell in my battery. No codes found prior to changing out battery.

Will see if this causing any of my software issues. They are still having to do more troubleshooting Monday.

bbf2530

Well, just got a call from the service manager. Tech found a bad cell in my battery. No codes found prior to changing out battery.

Will see if this causing any of my software issues. They are still having to do more troubleshooting Monday.

Hi BL. Hope they can get things straightened out quickly, so you can get back to enjoying your vehicle.

Good luck.

2021Navigator

Black Label, I hope too that your issues are resolved by a new battery.

Over the last few years I have friends who have had issues with their cars that in turn were the cause of a failed or failing battery but it wasn't evident to begin with that the battery was the cause.

Today with the advanced technology in newer cars the battery is an even more important part of a critical system. Given this, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more development around the battery to monitor its health and provide a backup/reserve if needed so that people are not stranded. This seems like this could be an opportunity going forward for a luxury brand.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Black Label, I hope too that your issues are resolved by a new battery.

Over the last few years I have friends who have had issues with their cars that in turn were the cause of a failed or failing battery but it wasn't evident to begin with that the battery was the cause.

Today with the advanced technology in newer cars the battery is an even more important part of a critical system. Given this, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more development around the battery to monitor its health and provide a backup/reserve if needed so that people are not stranded. This seems like this could be an opportunity going forward for a luxury brand.
Thanks, 2020Navigator. I'll hopefully know more Monday. Agreed, the battery is critical, and they will hopefully install system like you said.

BarbaraCJ

5th time the battery has either been extremely low to the point the app notifies us or it is completely dead. Anyone else having battery issues?
I used to have an MKC that had battery issues and I figured out that it was because I used to leave my key in the car overnight. It was always on "alert" for when you open the door and the outside lights come on. Something like that. But anyway, that ended up being the problem.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I used to have an MKC that had battery issues and I figured out that it was because I used to leave my key in the car overnight. It was always on "alert" for when you open the door and the outside lights come on. Something like that. But anyway, that ended up being the problem.
According to Lincoln videos, that should all deactivate so as not to drain the battery. So, if that happened or happens, it is an issue that should be corrected.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Posted this also on an MKX battery thread.

I have never used the "Scheduled Starts" feature of my Lincoln Way app. I normally garage my car, heated flooring, and drive daily. I do travel, though, and while I'm on trips, I can see that being a useful feature to help keep the battery charged.

Has anyone utilized this feature?

G-485472

Update: Ford and Lincoln sent the NHTSA a notice on July 2020 stating: "
SSM 49003 - 2020 Navigator – Intermittently Unable To Unlock Vehicle And No Crank/No Start
Some 2020 Navigator vehicles may exhibit the inability to unlock the doors using the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, Lincoln Way App, and the passive entry system door handles. The door keypad and the mechanical key will be the only option to unlock the vehicle when this concern is present. In addition to the inability to unlock the vehicle, the vehicle may also exhibit a no crank/no start symptom. To address this condition, reprogram the body control module (BCM) using the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards(SLTS) Manual."
My dealership has known since July there is a problem! Further, since September 2020 Amazon has been selling the equipment to fix this problem! 2hat has happened to Ford/Lincoln?
We found this info as well. Allegedly did the update. December 29th....same issue.

C-2010

Update: Ford and Lincoln sent the NHTSA a notice on July 2020 stating: "
SSM 49003 - 2020 Navigator – Intermittently Unable To Unlock Vehicle And No Crank/No Start
Some 2020 Navigator vehicles may exhibit the inability to unlock the doors using the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, Lincoln Way App, and the passive entry system door handles. The door keypad and the mechanical key will be the only option to unlock the vehicle when this concern is present. In addition to the inability to unlock the vehicle, the vehicle may also exhibit a no crank/no start symptom. To address this condition, reprogram the body control module (BCM) using the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards(SLTS) Manual."
My dealership has known since July there is a problem! Further, since September 2020 Amazon has been selling the equipment to fix this problem! 2hat has happened to Ford/Lincoln?
We found this info as well. Allegedly our dealership did this update. December 29th same battery issue. It's getting so bad that the app says the owner can "fix" the problem without the dealership by "jumping the battery and taking the car for a drive with accessories off."

C-2010

I sure hope that is the answer..however. dealership replaced our battery in March and we are still having the no start issue. Fingers crossed for you.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I sure hope that is the answer..however. dealership replaced our battery in March and we are still having the no start issue. Fingers crossed for you.
Just to clarify, I never had an issue with the vehicle starting. It is at the dealer for other ongoing software issues. The tech decided to check the battery and found the bad cell that way.

C-2010

Just to clarify, I never had an issue with the vehicle starting. It is at the dealer for other ongoing software issues. The tech decided to check the battery and found the bad cell that way.
Understand from what we being told our no start/battery issue stems from software problems.

Z737

Dallas, TX
Why? I test drove multiple Navigators. Issues that show up after purchase probably won't be evident in a test drive.

But, I think Escalades, with the gaudy taillights and GMisms are ugly. So, I'd still get a Navigator given the choice.
To each his own opinion. The 2021 Escalade drives and rides real well. Also, the instrument panel is really nice, doesn't have a tacked-on "iPad" type tablet for the infotainment control. The resale value is higher than a Navigator. The Escalade outsells the Navigator by a substantial number.

Ice Bear

SUPPORTING MEMBER
GM was resting on it laurels with the last Escalade. Ford / Lincoln forced them to up their game. The new Escalade interior is very impressive, particularly the screens. A few glitches (why the shifter? OLED burn in?).

I didn't even consider it as an option this round (I have the 2020 Navigator L Black Label) for three reasons. First, GM / Cadillac history of first year model issues. Second, no good Cadillac dealer service department close by. Third, although I love V-8's, the 3.5 liter V-6 the Navigator shares with the Raptor is truly impressive.

As they say, "racing improves the breed." I'm looking forward to seeing how Lincoln responds when it refreshes the Navigator.

Vics 2020 Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
South Holland
GM was resting on it laurels with the last Escalade. Ford / Lincoln forced them to up their game. The new Escalade interior is very impressive, particularly the screens. A few glitches (why the shifter? OLED burn in?).

I didn't even consider it as an option this round (I have the 2020 Navigator L Black Label) for three reasons. First, GM / Cadillac history of first year model issues. Second, no good Cadillac dealer service department close by. Third, although I love V-8's, the 3.5 liter V-6 the Navigator shares with the Raptor is truly impressive.

As they say, "racing improves the breed." I'm looking forward to seeing how Lincoln responds when it refreshes the Navigator.
I didn’t even consider the Escalade either being that I am a retired Ford Chicago Assembly worker and got 10,000 off of list due to the a-plan. And even if I was not I think the Lincoln looks worlds better! And the interior of my Black Label is unmatched! I have been driving new Lincoln’s since 1988 and this new Black Label is in a class of its own awesome automobile. I am impressed every time I get in it an go somewhere!😀