Battery bring drained

Denise

My 2019 nautilus battery keeps going dead. I took it to the garage, they “worked “ on it all day. Only thing they came up with was, was to install a new battery . That hasn’t fixed the problem. Any ideas on what’s draining the battery? Any one else having this issue?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I can say my 2020 Nav has had software issues and missing items from the instrument cluster. I didn't realize that until driving a loaner Nav. Anyway, the tech found a bad battery cell and replaced it. Not sure what would have caused a bad cell.

bbf2530

My 2019 nautilus battery keeps going dead. I took it to the garage, they “worked “ on it all day. Only thing they came up with was, was to install a new battery . That hasn’t fixed the problem. Any ideas on what’s draining the battery? Any one else having this issue?

Hi Denise. When you say "I took it to the garage", are you referring to the Service Department at your Lincoln Dealership?

Denise

Hi Denise. When you say "I took it to the garage", are you referring to the Service Department at your Lincoln Dealership?
Yes, the Lincoln dealer where I bought it. They said the put it on the computer to check the system. So, after finding nothing, they replaced the battery. I went to start the car last night, it wouldn’t turn over. There is nothing, the light doesn’t even come on when opening the door. This is exactly what happened the last time. The battery is totally dead. My husband put it on the charger this morning.

bbf2530

Hi Denise. Call the Service Department and tell them what happened and that you are still having a dead battery issue and stranded with no dependable vehicle.

Make a service appointment and arrange for a complementary loaner. Then either drop off your Nautilus or have them come drop off your loaner and pick up your Nautilus to properly diagnose the battery drain issue.

Something is draining the battery. Unless they discover a defective battery again this time (highly unlikely), they will probably need to keep it at least overnight to properly diagnose a battery drain problem.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

Denise

Hi Denise. Call the Service Department and tell them what happened and that you are still having a dead battery issue and stranded with no dependable vehicle.

Make a service appointment and arrange for a complementary loaner. Then either drop off your Nautilus or have them come drop off your loaner and pick up your Nautilus to properly diagnose the battery drain issue.

Something is draining the battery. Unless they discover a defective battery again this time (highly unlikely), they will probably need to keep it at least overnight to properly diagnose a battery drain problem.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you, I will do that!

wahoo

i have the same problem 2004 lincoln town car

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I have never used the "Scheduled Starts" feature of my Lincoln Way app. I normally garage my car, heated flooring, and drive daily. I do travel, though, and while I'm on trips, I can see that being a useful feature to help keep the battery charged.

Has anyone utilized this feature?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
"Scheduled starts" isn't an option for me. That could be a problem if the car is kept in a garage. Fortunately, I'm not having any battery problems.
Right. I wouldn't do it if the vehicle is in my garage, but when it is sitting at the airport for 2-4 days, it could come in handy.

I'm surprised your app does not have that.

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
Right. I wouldn't do it if the vehicle is in my garage, but when it is sitting at the airport for 2-4 days, it could come in handy.

I'm surprised your app does not have that.
My Lincolns are '13. and '17 models. I have the Lincoln app, but don't see scheduled starts on it. I wouldn't use it anyway. My cars are garaged, and when I leave one at the airport, it's the '13.