• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader/Scanner for Android

JJ SMNOW

BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader/Scanner for Android

I just used 3 times for about 10 minutes un my 2007 town car and my 2004 Merc Grand Marquis.
With the torque lite app it seems to work fine, its like looking into the heart and soul of the car.
Has anyone had a problem leaving it running while driving a few hrs?
I read a very few people had it make problems with there car computer they of course did not say what car. .
Also will it read transmission temp with the torque pro or any other app?
Thanks ahead of time.

LTC1997

I'm thinking of the potential for unlimited data acquisition using these phone-ap interface devices.

Could make for a fun, ongoing tuning development process to get the most out of our cars.

I hooked up a borrowed PT-brand OBDII code scanner for the first time yesterday on my '97 TC, it read "NO CODES" despite a persistent intermittent misfire I've been having.
I had the misfire sorted out by the end of the day, the spark plugs were the culprit even with the 10% reduced gap that I was running!
I actually "smoked" a snoozing Porsche driver off of the line with the fresh plugs, LOL! the guy went screaming by hella noisy 100 yards up the road.
The subtle mis-fire was apparently messing with the PCM such that the transmission shifting smoothness is suddenly day-and-night better with the new $3.50 Autolite platinum plugs.

wolf_walker

I think the Blue Driver brand is intended to be left in all the time, it shuts itself off or some such, others might not.
I've had the BAFX one and it works well, don't think it saw everything on my 04, overpriced OBDLink MX works well
and I can access everything on the car BUT the reverse sensor system. Which is the only thing I really need to access
at this point, but hey...

Torque and Forscan are good. Be careful with Forscan, it can program stuff.

HTML