Backup Camera Install

CaptainZilog

More Weight Reduction

Aluminum heads will net you about 50-60lbs. Aluminum driveshaft was worth 10+lbs.

Lux

More Weight Reduction

[quote name=\'CaptainZilog\']Aluminum heads will net you about 50-60lbs. Aluminum driveshaft was worth 10+lbs.[/QUOTE]

DS is probably close to 20 if you include the stock cardan and xtra joints. Gotta get these cars on a diet.

JoshMcMadMac

More Weight Reduction

[quote name=\'NYC LSC\']T-5s weigh about 75 pounds, give or take a few.

:)[/QUOTE]

So you\'re shaving about 100lbs, maybe a little more, just by swapping the parts...but that doesn\'t include fluid?!? The AOD takes something like 3 gallons of fluid, so that\'s got to be at least another 30lbs on top isn\'t it?

JoshMcMadMac

More Weight Reduction

[quote name=\'LuxurySportCoupe\']DS is probably close to 20 if you include the stock cardan and xtra joints. Gotta get these cars on a diet.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the fact that it\'s a rotating mass, so the \"gain\" is even greater. :yesyes:

CaptainZilog

More Weight Reduction

[quote name=\'JoshMcMadMac\']So you\'re shaving about 100lbs, maybe a little more, just by swapping the parts...but that doesn\'t include fluid?!? The AOD takes something like 3 gallons of fluid, so that\'s got to be at least another 30lbs on top isn\'t it?[/QUOTE]

But the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate make up for some, my FW was about 25lbs.

JoshMcMadMac

More Weight Reduction

[quote name=\'CaptainZilog\']But the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate make up for some, my FW was about 25lbs.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. That\'s still a good weight savings, and it would seem that the flywheel/clutch/pressure plate would weigh relatively close to that of the AOD fluid, canceling each other out. Thanks.

ND4SPDLSC

More Weight Reduction

I just grabbed a spare tail light I found in my parts stores trying to find an O2 sensor. I\'d guess it to weight somewhere around 2-2.5 lbs. That is for a single light assembly with a completely uncalibrated arm.

fulltilt

More Weight Reduction

I had the fun of changing my fuel pump the other day and noticed a difference in some tanks that prob would effect weight. 91+92 LSC= plastic baffles inside tank, some other MK VII of unknown year and model= metal baffle inside. Just for those really looking for every last ounce.

DrDragon

More Weight Reduction

I\'ve read that the plastic baffles break down with corn based fuels. :dunno:

planetgirth

Raleigh, NC
This post is old, but I was wondering if anyone has done this recently? I looked up the nav video converter and cannot find it for less than $350. That is too much. Are there other options? I'd really love to add the backup cam.

Thanks

omarone

Austin, TX
I'm also wondering what options are out there for a reasonable price... I have a 2003 Navigator, any help would be greatly appreciated!

llaugerm

I have put an aftermarket Android Radio in my Navi which I bought for $267 and the steering wheel control works fine as well. I have a rearview camera and a front camera as well.

cpark77

I have put an aftermarket Android Radio in my Navi which I bought for $267 and the steering wheel control works fine as well. I have a rearview camera and a front camera as well.
I am trying to replace my thx factory stereo in my 07 mkx with an android unit I can get it installed unit turns on steering wheel controls work fine but I get no sound any help or knowledge of this happening

bbf2530

I am trying to replace my thx factory stereo in my 07 mkx with an android unit I can get it installed unit turns on steering wheel controls work fine but I get no sound any help or knowledge of this happening
Hi cpark. You should combine this question with the window/moonroof problem thread you started in the other subforum, instead of piggybacking in this thread (about back-up camera installs), for two reasons. First, you shouldn't hijack others thread with your own questions pertaining to a different subject than the OP. Second, this is a Navigator sub-forum and you state you have an MKX.

See my reply in your other thread about your window/moonroof problems and checking fuses.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML