BACK IN A TOWN CAR!! 2005 Signature Limited

Discobee

What's up my Lincoln Forums peers! I am back in a Lincoln TC!! I sold a TC a couple years ago to get a big SUV (Expedition EL)... but then I just sold the Expy last week and today I purchased a 2005 Signature Limited with 98K miles. This one is a good find, all functions working properly at the time of test drive (including the rear parking assist haha) and mostly clean interior, backseat looks like barely sat it. Going to pick it up this week after they detail it for me. Excited to be smooth sailing down the highway in a Town Car again!! I'll post better pictures when I get it home. This is the dealership's picture from their ad.

lincoln.jpg

Discobee

So here's a cell phone pic of the Town Car after a good wash and wax today. It appears that the previous owner kept it in the garage from the way the paint looks. I did however, find two minor defects after a couple days of driving it....1) the cruise control decrease (-) button on the steering wheel doesn't react, Speed Control can set, accelerate, resume, but does not decrease. All other steering wheel buttons function except for the decrease button. 2) Turns out the rear parking assist does do the intermittent "disable"after all...but most of the time it won't do that and the sensors do beep. Other than that, it's mostly all positives about the TC, those two defects can be dealt with later if necessary....I plan to put 4 new Goodyear Assurance all seasons on it this weekend just for peace of mind to have new tires. TC2.jpg

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
So here's a cell phone pic of the Town Car after a good wash and wax today. It appears that the previous owner kept it in the garage from the way the paint looks. I did however, find two minor defects after a couple days of driving it....1) the cruise control decrease (-) button on the steering wheel doesn't react, Speed Control can set, accelerate, resume, but does not decrease. All other steering wheel buttons function except for the decrease button. 2) Turns out the rear parking assist does do the intermittent "disable"after all...but most of the time it won't do that and the sensors do beep. Other than that, it's mostly all positives about the TC, those two defects can be dealt with later if necessary....I plan to put 4 new Goodyear Assurance all seasons on it this weekend just for peace of mind to have new tires. View attachment 9003

Hi, Discobee.

"Welcome back," and congrats on a great car.

Are your buttons the "cruise-only," or do you have the radio controls as well? Either way, you might be able to get that button working again by cleaning the switch. Since you would need to remove the switch from the wheel to do this, I wouldn't be in that big of a hurry for just the "coast" button.

While I prefer the Michelin Premier all-season tires, and am getting great service out of them, the Goodyear Assurance is also a good tire.

How old are your tires, and how much tread do they have? I replaced mine because they were over ten years old, and that particular Michelin the car had when I bought it also had a poor tread design even when they were fresh.

Good luck.

Discobee

Hi, Discobee.

"Welcome back," and congrats on a great car.

Are your buttons the "cruise-only," or do you have the radio controls as well? Either way, you might be able to get that button working again by cleaning the switch. Since you would need to remove the switch from the wheel to do this, I wouldn't be in that big of a hurry for just the "coast" button.

While I prefer the Michelin Premier all-season tires, and am getting great service out of them, the Goodyear Assurance is also a good tire.

How old are your tires, and how much tread do they have? I replaced mine because they were over ten years old, and that particular Michelin the car had when I bought it also had a poor tread design even when they were fresh.

Good luck.
So driving the TC today....I noticed that the coast (-) does work, but I gotta press down hard on a sweet spot to get it to work....probably needs a new switch on the left side of the steering wheel....but that can be done later.

As for the tires, the previous owner had Goodyear Assurance A/S on it, and it looks like there's less than 50% tread on it, but I always buy new tires on the used cars I buy, just so I can have peace of mind for myself.

Discobee

Just picked up a 2004 TC with 66,000 miles for my son's first car. Back in the day I bought a new 05 and drove it for 125000 miles over 9 years. Turns out my son loved that car and had it at the top of the list of dream cars. He is thrilled and I am a tad jealous.
Wow you are a generous man for treating your son to such a sweet ride as his first car! My first car was a beater Subaru that was a hand me down car from a family friend...manual transmission too haha.