Awesome MPG

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
my mistake, I wasn't aware that the Grand Touring came in a Plug in Hybrid, thought that was only an option and not standard. Serves me right to open my mouth without knowing any better. LOL
It’s all good. I absolutely love the vehicle and am impressed with the torque in all electric mode. It is also AWD with an eCVT and a separate electric motor that powers the rear wheels when there is demand. There is no transaxle and no transmission hump.

bbf2530

That doesn't add up. That means you used 8.1 gallons to travel 600 miles. That would calculate out to nearly 74 MPG. That's impossible. And just for the record, the Corsair regardless of what trim, they all have a 16.2 gallon tank.

Hi RDFTS. The wording in the Owners Manual is confusing. However, it lists the fuel tank capacity of the "2.5L, PLUG-IN HYBRID ELECTRIC
VEHICLE (PHEV)" as 11.2 gallons.
Page 458 of the 2nd printing PDF version.

So if that is the engine in Red Honchos's Grand Touring model, the fuel tank capacity is 11.2 gallons.

Good luck.

EDIT- We were all posting at the same time...lol

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Its a Plug In Hybrid. So if you plug it in every night, you can drive about 30 miles on no gas. Easy to get a very high average MPG. Of course it is not taking into account the cost of electricity compared to gas.
I've been measuring cost when charging my GT. I installed 240 outlet and am fully charged in under 4 hours. At my KWH rate this equates to about $2 to get 30 miles range vs a gallon of gas for around $4.50-$5 (here in CA).

G-545612

I've been measuring cost when charging my GT. I installed 240 outlet and am fully charged in under 4 hours. At my KWH rate this equates to about $2 to get 30 miles range vs a gallon of gas for around $4.50-$5 (here in CA).
Great data. Thanks 😊