Awesome MPG

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RDFTS

2021 with 2.0
Been driving on the highway most of the day going 5-10 mph under the speed limit and getting 38 mpg’s. Has anyone gotten to 40 mpg?

Attachments

• 7BA68275-DB10-4BC0-A219-E9BBDBEBC365.jpeg
    7BA68275-DB10-4BC0-A219-E9BBDBEBC365.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 24

RDFTS

Nice! That beats my best, posted in another thread.
I was able to continue to obtain 38mpg for the rest of the 12 hour drive and about 625 miles. Took less than 20 gallons for the trip. I got up to 38.4 but had a small mountain pass that got me towards the end. This was from Missouri to TN/NC border.

JB IN AZ

2021 with 2.0
Been driving on the highway most of the day going 5-10 mph under the speed limit and getting 38 mpg’s. Has anyone gotten to 40 mpg?
Nice. In many places going under the posted speed limit on Interstate Highways will get you run over, or get others, including truckers, seriously annoyed. I try to stay at 4-5 mph over posted and I still get looks.

RDFTS

Nice. In many places going under the posted speed limit on Interstate Highways will get you run over, or get others, including truckers, seriously annoyed. I try to stay at 4-5 mph over posted and I still get looks.
I hear you. I am usually the one driving 10-15 mph over the limit. My son was driving a truck and towing a vehicle on an U-Haul trailer behind it that has signs on it to only drive 55 and I was following him. Traffic around us was fine except on the 2 lane highways. We pulled to the right as often as we could. We got quite the backup of cars and no where to pull over in the curvy mountain pass in the dark. My son said he now has a new perspective on trucks and trailers that drive slow. He would always be upset when he had to slow down and stuck behind people like us so now he understands and said he gained a new level of patience for others.

It just reminded me back when I was driving as a teenager when the speed limit on any interstate was 55.

I an just amazed that I was able to get that great of gas mileage as I really don’t care about MPG or gas prices. I have a Ford Raptor that was getting 10mpg on average over 5yr/100k miles, so used to it.

Pirate Ship

My MPG indicator has reached 40. But so far my true best mileage has been 34.6 mpg. That is doing the math between tank fill ups. I have never reset my overall average mpg and it is 32.7 right now with just over 13,000 miles on it. 2020 2.0.

2021 with 2.0
2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T. I do mostly small town driving (no highway), Normal mode, sometimes 25.+ to 26.2mpg. Last time on Interstate, 1.5hrs non stop drive, Normal mode, 74mph I got 32.6mpg. I’m happy with it.

felixmendel

2020 Linoln Corair Reserve, 2.0l engine. My best sustained MPG is 34 mpg running at about 60-65 mph on highway in cruise control with one passenger on a temperate day. Best short term MPG is about 38 mpg running at about 55 mph and drafting (not too close) behind trucks and cars. Usual highway MPG is around 30 mpg.

2021 Corsair Reserve 2.3L T. I do mostly small town driving (no highway), Normal mode, sometimes 25.+ to 26.2mpg. Last time on Interstate, 1.5hrs non stop drive, Normal mode, 74mph I got 32.6mpg. I’m happy with it.
Forgot to add...nice weather, no passengers, cruise set. Easy driving.....except... There were two interstate construction sections down to 55mph. They're always working somewhere in this section of interstate!!

felixmendel

I just managed to get 39 mpg in ideal conditions: flat highway, 50 miles, 50 degrees, no AC, one passenger, 64 mph, some not too close drafting.
2020 Linoln Corair Reserve, 2.0l engine. My best sustained MPG is 34 mpg running at about 60-65 mph on highway in cruise control with one passenger on a temperate day. Best short term MPG is about 38 mpg running at about 55 mph and drafting (not too close) behind trucks and cars. Usual highway MPG is around 30 mpg.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I have a 2021 Corsair Grand Touring the I picked from my dealer on October 1. Over the weekend I hit 600 miles on the odometer. I decided to fill the gas tank. The capacity of the gas tank on the GT is 11.2 gallons. I put in 8.1 gallons. Now that's some great MPG!

Un-decided

I have a 2021 Corsair Grand Touring the I picked from my dealer on October 1. Over the weekend I hit 600 miles on the odometer. I decided to fill the gas tank. The capacity of the gas tank on the GT is 11.2 gallons. I put in 8.1 gallons. Now that's some great MPG!
That is great news. Congrats

RDFTS

That doesn't add up. That means you used 8.1 gallons to travel 600 miles. That would calculate out to nearly 74 MPG. That's impossible. And just for the record, the Corsair regardless of what trim, they all have a 16.2 gallon tank.

Un-decided

That doesn't add up. That means you used 8.1 gallons to travel 600 miles. That would calculate out to nearly 74 MPG. That's impossible. And just for the record, the Corsair regardless of what trim, they all have a 16.2 gallon tank.
Its a Plug In Hybrid. So if you plug it in every night, you can drive about 30 miles on no gas. Easy to get a very high average MPG. Of course it is not taking into account the cost of electricity compared to gas.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Incorrect on several levels. The Grand Touring is a plug in hybrid. I can travel in all electric power for 28 miles. It also has a driving mode that recharges the battery up to 75%. Yes, the gas tank on the GT is only 11.2 gallons because of the extended range. In addition, when the battery is completely depleted it will drive as a hybrid producing 33MPG city and highway.

RDFTS

Its a Plug In Hybrid. So if you plug it in every night, you can drive about 30 miles on no gas. Easy to get a very high average MPG. Of course it is not taking into account the cost of electricity compared to gas.
my mistake, I wasn't aware that the Grand Touring came in a Plug in Hybrid, thought that was only an option and not standard. Serves me right to open my mouth without knowing any better. LOL