Awareness.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Queare

Are you experiencing problems or just preventative maintenance
When I got the car it had been sitting a while. The owner just wanted what he put into it. Mechanic already said engine and trans are strong. Body is straight minus a bumper dent or two, and I'll end up replacing the top. The top isn't leaking, but it has seen better days.

04TC

Tampa, FL
If it's running and driving fine, I would just do the common areas recommended when acquiring a vintage car such as changing all fluids, maybe spark plugs, etc. With the possible exception of transmission fluid. If the fluid has never been changed and the car is not a low mileage car, changing the trans fluid could cause transmission problems or failure. There should be a transmission fluid dipstick where you can check the level and color of the transmission fluid. If the fluid is in good condition it should be a bright red or pinkish red color, not brown or black. If you are going to change the transmission fluid, with a car that old never do a transmission flush, only do a drain and fill. (And change the filter if it hasn't been changed in a while.) Good luck and congrats on your purchase.

Queare

If it's running and driving fine, I would just do the common areas recommended when acquiring a vintage car such as changing all fluids, maybe spark plugs, etc. With the possible exception of transmission fluid. If the fluid has never been changed and the car is not a low mileage car, changing the trans fluid could cause transmission problems or failure. There should be a transmission fluid dipstick where you can check the level and color of the transmission fluid. If the fluid is in good condition it should be a bright red or pinkish red color, not brown or black. If you are going to change the transmission fluid, with a car that old never do a transmission flush, only do a drain and fill. (And change the filter if it hasn't been changed in a while.) Good luck and congrats on your purchase.
It only has 70,200 miles on it.

oktowncar

Those all look good
Physical appearance may fool you. I would inspect them by feel/touch
If they are hard they are old and need to be replaced.
Hard rubber fuel lines can crack and break. Next thing you know you might have an engine fire because of a bad fuel hose

Many sellers will spray down rubber hoses with armor all to make this appear as good but in fact, hide an issue that will end up in your lap and come out of your wallet.

Queare

Physical appearance may fool you. I would inspect them by feel/touch
If they are hard they are old and need to be replaced.
Hard rubber fuel lines can crack and break. Next thing you know you might have an engine fire because of a bad fuel hose

Many sellers will spray down rubber hoses with armor all to make this appear as good but in fact, hide an issue that will end up in your lap and come out of your wallet.
I just replaced the whole cooling system, so all that is good. If I have a problem I have a good mechanic literally a block from my house