• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Aviator vs Telluride/Pallisade

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Novakane15

Jun 16, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 MKC
For those who cross shopped these cars, which did you choose and why?

I've had a Kia stinger and I've been very happy with it and the warranty is best in class. I'm not looking to pay 10k over MSRP for Telluride but there appears to be some Pallisades available around. There does appear to be some saving with the Korean cars.

kchis

Mar 1, 2022
Personally I dont love the front end of the Palisades or the steering wheel. Aviator is next-level, more mid size luxury, more of a Range Rover feel - but you do have to pay up a bit. We went for the Reserve which is pretty well loaded at $65k. If there were Tellurides available at time of purchase I might have gone that way though. Really like the looks and pricing. The availability / long wait times / price over sticker were a deal killer though. Cars are already upside down when you drive them off the lot, dont want to add $5-10k on top of that negative equity. Do the banks even offer financing that high over sticker or do you need to go out of pocket? Not sure.

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
I chose the Aviator, but if I had done my homework on customer satisfaction and reliability and after owning the Aviator for a while I should have chosen the Palisade, particularly since they have come out with a luxury version. That said, the Lincoln dealers in my area are superior to Hyundai dealers.

moose66

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Aug 5, 2021
Holly Springs, NC
I like both the top Kia and Hyundai offerings. But it you are comparing top end, say GT or Black Label Aviators, neither of those two models compete. If we talk purely reliability, then you may have an argument. And yes, I do know there is a 20+K difference in MSRP for the top Aviators vs the K and H.

With that said, the conversation is the Reserve vs. the K and H. Leave out the GT and BL.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
For those who cross shopped these cars, which did you choose and why?

I've had a Kia stinger and I've been very happy with it and the warranty is best in class. I'm not looking to pay 10k over MSRP for Telluride but there appears to be some Pallisades available around. There does appear to be some saving with the Korean cars.
I think that since you are asking Aviator owners this question that the question should have been 'why' did you choose the Aviator. ;)

Peter

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
I think that since you are asking Aviator owners this question that the question should have been 'why' did you choose the Aviator. ;)

Peter
Aviator owners have their perspectives and owners of other vehicles have theirs's. I am not sure I see a reason to narrow the scope.

VAMINER

May 1, 2021
I bought the Aviator because I owned a Honda Pilot at the time. Buying either of these other 2 would have been almost like buying another Pilot.
I wanted something a little bigger, a little more luxurious, and frankly, none of the others compare in overall looks.

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
Aviator owners have their perspectives and owners of other vehicles have theirs's. I am not sure I see a reason to narrow the scope.
This post caused me to take a look at the current Palisade/Teluride. It looks like they are coming out with the 2023 version shortly and it is impressive. It was interesting to note that the Teluride is rated higher than the Palisade.

Novakane15

Jun 16, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 MKC
This post caused me to take a look at the current Palisade/Teluride. It looks like they are coming out with the 2023 version shortly and it is impressive. It was interesting to note that the Teluride is rated higher than the Palisade.
Interesting, I think the main difference is styling, which most seem to prefer the telluride, are there any others in the 2023s?

Novakane15

Jun 16, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 MKC
Personally I dont love the front end of the Palisades or the steering wheel. Aviator is next-level, more mid size luxury, more of a Range Rover feel - but you do have to pay up a bit. We went for the Reserve which is pretty well loaded at $65k. If there were Tellurides available at time of purchase I might have gone that way though. Really like the looks and pricing. The availability / long wait times / price over sticker were a deal killer though. Cars are already upside down when you drive them off the lot, dont want to add $5-10k on top of that negative equity. Do the banks even offer financing that high over sticker or do you need to go out of pocket? Not sure.
Definitely agree can't be paying over sticker with these markups. I've talked to some Lincoln dealers who are over MSRP as well. I don't NEED a new car, but would be nice for our family.

Novakane15

Jun 16, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 MKC
I like both the top Kia and Hyundai offerings. But it you are comparing top end, say GT or Black Label Aviators, neither of those two models compete. If we talk purely reliability, then you may have an argument. And yes, I do know there is a 20+K difference in MSRP for the top Aviators vs the K and H.

With that said, the conversation is the Reserve vs. the K and H. Leave out the GT and BL.
It's really too bad the K and H don't have hybrid or EV versions, and sounds like they won't for their 2023. Refresh as well. That currently has me leaning toward the Aviator.

Novakane15

Jun 16, 2022
My Lincoln
2018 MKC

Peter
Well? Don't leave me hanging!

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
It's not really narrowing the scope. The question is being asked here so it is unlikely there are owners here of the other 2 vehicles. That is all I was trying to get at. So obviously the question "which did you choose?" has been answered. :)

Peter

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
It's really too bad the K and H don't have hybrid or EV versions, and sounds like they won't for their 2023. Refresh as well. That currently has me leaning toward the Aviator.
Good point! They also don't get very good mileage IMHO.

sagosto

Jul 9, 2021
Dollar for Dollar the K/H beats the Aviator fairly easily. But, the Aviator has much nicer ride, much much better performance, better materials, and sound especially in the higher end Revel. What’s important to you? And does the extra 20k or so matter given the advantages above ? To me, the comfort and ride was important so it was an easy choice and I’m high on K/H and more so than Aviator.

rjabend

Mar 12, 2021
Florida
My Lincoln
2021 Aviator BL
Another very important factor (to me) is reliability and customer satisfaction. K & H are at the top of the list. Aviator toward the bottom.

CR Reliability Scores:
Kia Telluride . . .. . . . . . . . . 97
Palisade . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 87
Aviator . . . . . . . . . . ... . . . . 46

Last edited:

WaukeshaTG

Feb 1, 2022
We looked at Palisades, X7, Q7, XC90, GV80 and briefly LR.

We chose Aviator for a few reasons:

Size: We need a third row that will pretty much always be folded down for 2x hockey bags (twins).
Quality: Better than Palisade.
Cost: Generally cheaper than X7 and Q7, definitely cheaper than LR.
Lifestyle: Hockey bags in and out of the car, literally all year with spring teams and summer camps, takes its toll on the back area. We didn't want to step up to the X7 yet in terms of luxury, as the kids are only in 6th grade and will still beat it up a bit. This will probably be their car to share when they start driving as well - we don't want them to have a top notch luxury vehicle.

My parents have a Palisade that they keep at their summer home in FL. It's a nice car for sure and we probably would have one if we looked at cards earlier. Once we started looking in earnest the dealers were adding the 10k market adjustments on. Sorry, not paying it for a Hyundai.

FordLincoln

Mar 18, 2011
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator, 2021 Nautilus
If money is a issue, then go to K or H, both have good reputations. I cross shopped the Aviator with other cars and ended up with Genesis GV80, very satisfied.
No problem with your choice of the GV80. However, IMO, is looks like a Lincoln wannabe, but not as good looking. The front grille looks way to BIG and I am not a fan of the front turn signal lights stretching towards the front door.