Aviator Stock Stereo removal

• Thread starter imported_70belvedere
  • Start date

imported_70belvedere

Positive cable

I just bought a 60\" positive cable from Auto Zone and it seems to be short. Is the 60\" cable correct? if not what is the proper length., and what are the steps in replacing it. Many thanks from John

I also replaced the throttle control bushing today the one that was on was shot.

LSC_CHEF

Positive cable

proper replacement.
return new cable, go to ford and order the proper + cable.
chef/out

Dallas90LSC

Positive cable

I agree with Chef. Even if you get the right length from a parts house, they will be a smaller guage and have cheesy connections.

As for replacing it, you will be under the car. There are bolt in points under the block and the connections at the starter.

imported_70belvedere

Positive cable

The ford dealer said it was discontinued, but they knew a place where I could get one for $60. At that price I\'ll stick with A Z

LSC_CHEF

Positive cable

there are pics of them around here. purchased new. it wasn\'t too long ago.

Dallas90LSC

Positive cable

I picked up a new one from a dealer last year. I\'ll see if I can come up with a part #.

Icarus

Positive cable

nm... wrong numbers

W.V. Kelly

Positive cable

[quote name=\'88MK7Man\']or you could make your own.[/QUOTE]

This way you can go a bit oversize on the gauge. You could even get wire with teflon insulation for high temp resistance. All good things and I bet it would cost a lot less than $60.
Never give up,
W. V. Kelly

One_Way

Positive cable

I bought new positive and negative cables this summer for my \'90 SE. Picked them up at my local Ford Dealer.

Cable01.jpg

The positive cable has other wiring attached to it along with some mounting brackets. Sure, it costs more, but how much time do you want to take to \"build\" the positive cable correctly. You know what they say, \"time is money\".

W.V. Kelly

Positive cable

[quote name=\'One_Way\']... You know what they say, \"time is money\".[/QUOTE]

you are so right and some of us have more of the former and less of the latter.

jsev22

Positive cable

[quote name=\'W.V. Kelly\']you are so right and some of us have more of the former and less of the latter.[/QUOTE]

The same can be said for \"ignorance is bliss\" :cool:
Buy the right part from a dealer and have it install right...no fuss, no muss.