• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Aviator 2022 - modifying air ride suspension ?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

DavidR

Jun 23, 2022
My Lincoln
22 Aviator Reserve
Hi there guys, newbie here to the board. Hoping to get some knowledgeable feedback from others who know about this subject. I recently bought this vehicle because it has a 4 wheel drive and can go off roading as I like to camp, fish and hunt. I want to add 3" in height to the suspension and add some larger on and off road type tires, without affecting the computer sensors or messing it up. What do you think ?

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
Welcome to the Forum David. 👋
I don't think I'd classify the Aviator as an "off-road" vehicle. While it likely can be used for light to perhaps moderate off-road use, it isn't really a true 4WD. As for bigger tires, the generally accepted maximum diameter variance is 3% of OEM.
As per the Warranty Guide, any modification to the vehicle after it has left the factory risks voiding the warranty on parts affected by the modification should they fail. I read of anyone here that has modified the suspension of the Aviator.

Peter

DavidR

Jun 23, 2022
My Lincoln
22 Aviator Reserve
Welcome to the Forum David. 👋
I don't think I'd classify the Aviator as an "off-road" vehicle. While it likely can be used for light to perhaps moderate off-road use, it isn't really a true 4WD. As for bigger tires, the generally accepted maximum diameter variance is 3% of OEM.
As per the Warranty Guide, any modification to the vehicle after it has left the factory risks voiding the warranty on parts affected by the modification should they fail. I read of anyone here that has modified the suspension of the Aviator.

Peter
Thank you Peter and yes I understood the modification and warranty situation. I believe I could take care of that with a separate warranty policy.

4 wheel drive and adaptive suspension... Just need to raise it up about 3" and then I can do different tires and improve clearance. My biggest concern is not messing up the sensor system performance.

I'm hopeful to hear from others who might have done similar