• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Automatic System Updates

depth10

I just got a 2018 Navigator Reserve. I've enabled the WiFi hotspot, and also connected the System WiFi to a wifi network. However, when I go to Automatic System Updates, and then Scan For Updates, it thinks for about 45 seconds and then says something like Search not complete, Please try again later. It shows the last time it was scanned for updates was April 2018 (i.e. probably during production).

Any thoughts? Is the "update" an update for the SYNC 3?

bbf2530

I just got a 2018 Navigator Reserve. I've enabled the WiFi hotspot, and also connected the System WiFi to a wifi network. However, when I go to Automatic System Updates, and then Scan For Updates, it thinks for about 45 seconds and then says something like Search not complete, Please try again later. It shows the last time it was scanned for updates was April 2018 (i.e. probably during production).

Any thoughts? Is the "update" an update for the SYNC 3?
Hi depth10. I have noticed in my 2018 MKZ that I need to click on "Scan For Updates" a second time, after the first click finishes loading. The first time only seems to give repeat information from the previous update attempt. A second click, after the first finishes, gives a new update attempt and the current date/time.

Now, with that being said, the operation of SYNC 3 WiFi updating is spotty at best. It has not worked for me and seems to not work more often than it works for most owners so far. It will show it has checked, but did not notify or download the latest SYNC 3 update for me, even when it showed available for my MKZ on the Lincoln Owners website. Lincoln has stated they are working on that.

In the meantime, if you want to check for SYNC 3 updates, your best bet is to register on the Lincoln Owners website here: Your Lincoln Ownership Experience Begins Here

Once registered and signed in, click on "Support". Then click on "SYNC software updates". The system will then automatically notify you of any available downloads.

If there are, you can then obtain instructions on how to download the update, the download itself, and instructions on how to install the update in your vehicle.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

depth10

Thanks very much. I did try pressing Scan a few more times but no luck. I checked LIncoln's site and it doesn't look like there is a Sync update available. I haven't looked into the Map update yet, though. Thank you

HTML