Auto wipe sensor repair

diggitd

Rain sensor not functioning having my guy look at it. I've heard there's some kind of gel issues that happened. Anybody dealt with this?

diggitd

Auto rain sensor victory

Hey now! Accomplished fixing the sensor. Bought the gel kit online read directions took a few deep breaths and voila I'm now an expert Lincoln rain sensor rehabber. Hooyah!!

diggitd

Googled it few different sites sell the gel. YouTube has instructions also. The sensor has a layer of gel that actually contacts the glass and sits between the glass and the sensor eye. Sometimes they do get dirty. Or just from mileage they develop bubbles in the gel. Or from having windshield changed buying installer who doesn't redo the sensor and tries to use the old one. That's a No-No I think that's what happened to mine. When you look into the sensor it should be clear. Mine had bubbles in it and when I took it off it was filthy. Had to clean it out with alcohol and then fill it with new gel and install as directed. They give you good directions wasn't too bad. Works perfectly now.

Slick Fan

Utah
Cool, good to know! :)
Sometime in the next few months, I'm going to need to replace my windshield, so I will need to make sure they get the sensor re-installed properly.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML