• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Auto Stop/Start Malfunctioning

ezrdr54

Having issues with Auto Stop/Start feature, anyone else having them?
About three or so weeks after purchasing, our MKC it shut off (in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic) and displayed an error message that "auto start was not available, manual restart required".
Put the truck in park and restarted and continued on...
That particular day, it failed twice on the way to work, and once on the way home. Disabling switch on dash remedied the issue temporarily, but of course that must be set each time you restart your vehicle. After a few more days of driving with increasingly more frequent failures, we took it in to our dealer to have it looked at. There was a several day delay in getting it in because of the lack of a suitable loaner vehicle.
After a couple of days we got it back, dealer said the fix was to re-flash the computer with updated programming, return it to customer and if the problem persisted replace the computer. (I assume they're talking about the PCM).
Well after about a month of trouble free driving the issue started again. Currently waiting on a call back from our dealer to schedule the truck back into the shop. BTW, it is a 2019 MKC Reserve, 2.0T, AWD with less than 5k miles.
Also, the dealership has been very responsive to our concerns and actually has been pretty forthcoming with information related to our issue. They also were a little embarrassed when the loaner MKZ left us stranded with a dead battery, but that's a whole different story!

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Even i had a loaner 2018 MKC which had issues when it would stop at a stop light. The car had around 800 miles at that time. They replaced it the first time I was stranded. luckily, this happened just a mile away from the dealership.
Hope they diagnose the car correctly.

Owner of Silvy

Having issues with Auto Stop/Start feature, anyone else having them?
About three or so weeks after purchasing, our MKC it shut off (in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic) and displayed an error message that "auto start was not available, manual restart required".
Put the truck in park and restarted and continued on...
That particular day, it failed twice on the way to work, and once on the way home. Disabling switch on dash remedied the issue temporarily, but of course that must be set each time you restart your vehicle. After a few more days of driving with increasingly more frequent failures, we took it in to our dealer to have it looked at. There was a several day delay in getting it in because of the lack of a suitable loaner vehicle.
After a couple of days we got it back, dealer said the fix was to re-flash the computer with updated programming, return it to customer and if the problem persisted replace the computer. (I assume they're talking about the PCM).
Well after about a month of trouble free driving the issue started again. Currently waiting on a call back from our dealer to schedule the truck back into the shop. BTW, it is a 2019 MKC Reserve, 2.0T, AWD with less than 5k miles.
Also, the dealership has been very responsive to our concerns and actually has been pretty forthcoming with information related to our issue. They also were a little embarrassed when the loaner MKZ left us stranded with a dead battery, but that's a whole different story!
I am leasing a 2019 MKC and have been having issues. It started with the wrench icon, about 2/3 weeks (@ about 500 miles) after having the vehicle. The vehicle was checked and I was informed no issues found and they had multiple vehicle issues due to the heat (Atlanta,GA). Today, I was at a stop light, vehicle turned off as it should, when releasing the brake the vehicle did not start and I receive the same error message "auto start was not available, manual restart required".

Was your issue resolved?

Owner of Silvy

Jeyaar456

My Continental has the annoying Stop/Start, I permanently
disabled the feature via diagnostic tool { Forscan } so I don't need to press the button every start up.

I doubt your Lincoln dealer will do it as it's considered a " safety feature " .
Maybe it's not possible on a MKC, although they probably use the same system on all Ford/Lincolns.

Artemicon

It's unfortunate so many people have problems with the start/stop function. My immediate family has had 3 different fords with this function and they've all functioned flawlessly. I'm sorry that you guys have issues with yours.

HTML