Auto hold

happyottawa

Ottawa Canada
Have a 2020 Grand Touring. The auto hold, (feature that lets you remove foot from brake at stops lights/heavy traffic) keeps defaulting to the off position. Sometime it will happen on the same day, but almost always after an overnight rest. The owners manual suggests the feature should remain where it is set, doesn't see to be key fob dependent, but that's not my experience. Am I missing a step, misreading the manual, or might it be a software problem. I've asked the dealership but they don't seem to have a solid answer.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Are you saying that when you start the vehicle each time, it is OFF? If so, you are correct, it should remember the previous setting. I find that unless you bring the vehicle to the dealer and authorize work to be done, they often are clueless on vehicle features like this. The techs need to dig into the manuals, and you may need to insist they "start a ticket" With Lincoln to get them involved.

happyottawa

Ottawa Canada
Are you saying that when you start the vehicle each time, it is OFF? If so, you are correct, it should remember the previous setting. I find that unless you bring the vehicle to the dealer and authorize work to be done, they often are clueless on vehicle features like this. The techs need to dig into the manuals, and you may need to insist they "start a ticket" With Lincoln to get them involved.
Yes, I end the drive with the auto hold on. Get in the next morning it's defaulted to off and need to go into the setting and turn it back on.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Okay, reading your manual, that is a malfunction. Page 239:

"Note: The system remembers the last setting

when you start your vehicle."

So, I would get it in for some warranty work. And, just my experience with my vehicle, I would strongly encourage them to go beyond the manuals and get Lincoln engineering involved unless it is an extremely easy fix.