Audio Issues with Audio Cutting in and Out Repeatedly

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

DSlemons

Nov 1, 2021
Hey there everyone. I drive a 2021 Aviator AWD Reserve. Lately, I’ve been having issues with the audio system.

I have my bass, treble, and midrange maxed out, and when I reach 15 in volume, the sound will disappear completely and the touch screen becomes unresponsive to buttons or touch regarding the audio. I can turn the A/C down but I can’t adjust the volume or pause the song. The song keeps playing, just with no audio, and about 10 seconds later, the sound will return only to cut out almost immediately again for another 10 seconds.

This issue persists on CarPlay, Bluetooth, AM/FM, etc. When I turn the bass all the way down, I can listen to (mostly) every song I want that is not super bass-heavy at my desired volume of 19/30 with no issues. This sucks though, because the Revel audio system is amazing and has an amazing bass system.

The bass is not messed up, blown, or anything. All speakers work and sound normally. Any suggestions? I have already master reset the car and basically set it up as brand new again and the problem persists. I’ve also done the “quick” reset of pressing the volume knob and the seek-forward button, but that did not help either.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Hey there everyone. I drive a 2021 Aviator AWD Reserve. Lately, I’ve been having issues with the audio system.

I have my bass, treble, and midrange maxed out, and when I reach 15 in volume, the sound will disappear completely and the touch screen becomes unresponsive to buttons or touch regarding the audio. I can turn the A/C down but I can’t adjust the volume or pause the song. The song keeps playing, just with no audio, and about 10 seconds later, the sound will return only to cut out almost immediately again for another 10 seconds.

This issue persists on CarPlay, Bluetooth, AM/FM, etc. When I turn the bass all the way down, I can listen to (mostly) every song I want that is not super bass-heavy at my desired volume of 19/30 with no issues. This sucks though, because the Revel audio system is amazing and has an amazing bass system.

The bass is not messed up, blown, or anything. All speakers work and sound normally. Any suggestions? I have already master reset the car and basically set it up as brand new again and the problem persists. I’ve also done the “quick” reset of pressing the volume knob and the seek-forward button, but that did not help either.

Hi DSlemons. An opinion: The best course of action in most cases like this is to make an appointment for service at your Lincoln Dealer.

When your vehicle is still covered by the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty, self-help and DIY fixes are usually not the best course of action, since they very often only put a temporary band-aid on the problem. And that temporary Band-aid often works only long enough for the warranty to expire. Then the costs to repair the problem properly comes out of your pocket.

Let us know how you make out and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
Hey there everyone. I drive a 2021 Aviator AWD Reserve.
...................................................................................
Welcome to the Forum.👋
Why not enter that info into a Signature so everyone can see what you have and won't have to repeat it when you post?

Peter

Dean2085

Dec 13, 2021

What was the outcome with this issue, I’m having exact problem?

MKZoom

Jan 7, 2022
have you tried this while leaving all the bass, mid and treble sliders at 0? id imagine there is some clipping protection or problem caused by maxing out all of the sliders at high volume.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
What was the outcome with this issue, I’m having exact problem?
Welcome to the Forum Dean.
wavey.gif

I hope the member you quoted is still following this thread. He was last seen here on November 1st when he made his one and only post.

Peter

Jessierollins22

Aug 6, 2022
My Lincoln
2020 Lincoln aviator reserve
This exact problem is happening to me on my 2020 aviator and Lincoln has replaced my amp and a speaker and now has to replace the actual radio/brain. It’s been almost 2 months and my sound is still out and I’m waiting on parts! I pay good money for this vehicle for it not to give me what I want out of it! The tech I’m working with said if they can’t fix it they will have to report it to Lincoln as a lemon for them to buy back!

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
What parts are on order?

Acion

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve
This exact problem is happening to me on my 2020 aviator and Lincoln has replaced my amp and a speaker and now has to replace the actual radio/brain. It’s been almost 2 months and my sound is still out and I’m waiting on parts! I pay good money for this vehicle for it not to give me what I want out of it! The tech I’m working with said if they can’t fix it they will have to report it to Lincoln as a lemon for them to buy back!
Welcome to the Forum. Jessie. 👋
Is it the ACM (Audio Control Module) they are replacing?

Peter