Are all SoundMark radios compatible with one another?

ly3993

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and a new 2008 Lincoln Town Car owner. So far, I am loving the vehicle. I have the 6CD SoundMark radio and it throws "CD errors" when loading discs that come and go. I found a 1 CD + Cassette SoundMark radio on this website:

Based on what I could research, SoundMark works with SoundMark and I should be able to pull out the 6CD radio out and put in the one with the cassette deck.

Is this correct? Will it simply be a plug and play installation? I used the search function but could not find anyone with the same question/issue as me.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Welcome, I don't know if they're all the same but it looks like your system would be similar to the 2007 without navigation and without a separate amp in the trunk.
On the back of your unit you should have a

- 24 pin connector for power and speakers (these power the speakers directly, not through an amp)
- 8 pin connector for the subwoofer amp in the trunk if you have one
- 16 pin connector for the rear seat controls if you have that

I'd pull your radio to confirm and contact the supplier to see if the connectors match up.

Blueox

I tried to add a Picture of my Sundmark CD/Cassette that came in my 2005. But even when I dumb down Nikon it is still too big. Looking at the back, there are all three connectors as noted by alumarine. If I can figure out how to add the photo it will follow.

ly3993

Thank you both for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the Soundmark CD/Cassette anyway since most of all the images I could looked the same as the 6CD Soundmark on the rear. Low and behold, the plugs are the same. Therefore, if anyone else in the future is reading this, the Soundmark Cassette/CD and the 6CD version are interchangeable. Steering wheel controls work as well without issue. Connects right up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML