Approach Lighting ?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Jeyaar456

Aug 29, 2019
On my 2019 Continental I now notice the driver's door handle light does not light up with the
other approach lights as I walk to my car. My previous Conti also had this exact same fault from the factory.
I suspect the constant driver's door use has led to an early failure, anyone else with a high mileage conti experienced this and, apart from replacement is it fixable ?

[ BTW the Lincoln warranty is null and void in the UK ].

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
On my 2019 Continental I now notice the driver's door handle light does not light up with the
other approach lights as I walk to my car. My previous Conti also had this exact same fault from the factory.
I suspect the constant driver's door use has led to an early failure, anyone else with a high mileage conti experienced this and, apart from replacement is it fixable ?

[ BTW the Lincoln warranty is null and void in the UK ].

Hi Jeyaar. It can be "fixed". However, I am not sure if the LED alone can be replaced, or if the exterior door handle component itself needs to be replaced.

The way to find out would be to contact the Parts Department at a Lincoln or Ford Dealer. However, I am not so sure how difficult that will, since you seem to be located in the UK. You could try a Ford Dealer n the UK, according to how helpful they wish to be.

I will post back if I find any other information about the parts. And others will certainly jump in to help if they can.

Keep us udpated and good luck.

G-79282

Thanks for your reply, it’s not a big deal, i’ve seen the prices of spare parts and how difficult they are to install, especially on a door, taking off that door panel looks tricky, but if there is an easy, cheap fix.