Anyones rear camera do this?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
So I had my car back to the dealer yesterday for drivers side camera going black and reverse brake assist error again. They replaced the ipmb module.
Got in it this morning and reverse brake assist error. ☹️

ouskamp

May 4, 2022
My Lincoln
Corsair
This forum has been incredibly helpful to me. I was deadset on buying a Corsair. Watched EVERY youtube video. Filled a binder with every detail. Took a test drive and taught the saleman things he didn't know. But with all I've read here, and in talking with my Clients who have Corsair and Aviator, I've decided to go for reliability instead. Thank you to all who have shared here. I know you did it to get answers, or to commiserate with others, however, you've helped me with a big decision as well! I appreciate y'all. Good luck! 🤓

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
This forum has been incredibly helpful to me. I was deadset on buying a Corsair. Watched EVERY youtube video. Filled a binder with every detail. Took a test drive and taught the saleman things he didn't know. But with all I've read here, and in talking with my Clients who have Corsair and Aviator, I've decided to go for reliability instead. Thank you to all who have shared here. I know you did it to get answers, or to commiserate with others, however, you've helped me with a big decision as well! I appreciate y'all. Good luck! 🤓

So, just to better understand what you actually bought...

You went with the Aviator?

ouskamp

May 4, 2022
My Lincoln
Corsair
So, just to better understand what you actually bought...

You went with the Aviator?
I haven't bought yet. But I'm going with Lexus. I wanted something different since so many people I know have one. But now I know why. Can't argue with reliability.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
I haven't bought yet. But I'm going with Lexus. I wanted something different since so many people I know have one. But now I know why. Can't argue with reliability.

Honestly, as a 2022 GT owner, I can't blame you.

I wanted the new Lexus NX back in January. It was not yet available due to the chip shortage.

I had to settle on the GT as I found one in stock at a nearby dealer as my Lincoln lease was expiring.

I would have loved to have gone with Lexus over a Ford product. However, I think the 2023 Corsair blows the Lexus out of the water on features.

And that's where I can't totally hold Lexus up as the superior product...

Though Lexus has better reliability I do think there are downsides. Much more expensive and less tech/luxury features. They recommend premium gas only. They are more expensive to service. You pay subscriptions for most of their infotainment tech.

But, I can't argue, Lexus is a better vehicle when it comes to reliability.

ouskamp

May 4, 2022
My Lincoln
Corsair
Honestly, as a 2022 GT owner, I can't blame you.

I wanted the new Lexus NX back in January. It was not yet available due to the chip shortage.

I had to settle on the GT as I found one in stock at a nearby dealer as my Lincoln lease was expiring.

I would have loved to have gone with Lexus over a Ford product. However, I think the 2023 Corsair blows the Lexus out of the water on features.

And that's where I can't totally hold Lexus up as the superior product...

Though Lexus has better reliability I do think there are downsides. Much more expensive and less tech/luxury features. They recommend premium gas only. They are more expensive to service. You pay subscriptions for most of their infotainment tech.

But, I can't argue, Lexus is a better vehicle when it comes to reliability.
I agree that tech features are lacking in comparison to other makes. In 2021 when I was test driving (when I could find a car to test🤣), I got in the NX (the ONE Lexus on the lot!) and it was definitely lacking compared to the Genesis GV70/80 and Acura RDX I had just been in (but in more research, I learned that it was a base model). So I took Lexus off my list because I was NOT impressed.

Genesis has a very cool camera system! I love that when you hit your right blinker, it shows the camera for the right lane in your instrument panel (but I'm old skool and still look over my shoulder), etc. Fantastic safety features! Unfortunately, I didn't find it comfortable. I've looked at Audi (all SUV's), Cadillac (XT4/5), Acura (RDX), Porshe (Macan), Range Rover (Velar and Evoque) and Genesis GV70/80. I'm exhausted. Luckily I don't NEED a new car. During my extensive car search, I've learned that compact SUV's don't have near the features of the midsize. So I've gone from compact to the midsize. The ONE major take away I have from car shopping for over a year, I'll never find everything I want in one car, so sacrifices have to be made.🥺

Corsair has the most bang for the buck for sure! I was ready for Grand Touring! But sadly, it seems that Lincoln is unable to make tech repairs in a timely manner, or at all (my Aviator client has had hers in 3 x's for the rear camera blue screen and they still can't fix it!). I've read on FB and in this Forum that there are those who take their cars in and seem to be without them for a week or two, or more..it's so disappointing and it seems to be the same issues and yet there is no fix? And if there is it takes so long to get done. I admit, I was so looking forward to the massaging seats! The 2023 is a looker for sure! And while Corsair has some great features, it lacks the reliability I need (I still have PTSD from a 🍋 Subaru I had in the early 90's). I also have rear ventilated seats and climate control as 'must haves' because it's a huge plus here in the desert. 🥵🥶

As far as Lexus goes, I don't see the same complaints in their Forums as I do here. I've been researching the heck out of the 2023 RX, the only subscription item I've found is Drive Connect..their navigation system, and of course, Sirius, and that like. And that's pretty standard. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'll happily pay for the navigation because it works even when you don't have wifi and that happens A LOT here. Also, my mom has a 22-year old ES and has never used Premium gas (I mentioned Premium gas to her and she told me this). Repairs haven't been costly either. Standard maintenance has kept her going (still smells like leather inside! Ummm.the car, NOT my mom!😂). I hold on to my cars and run them into the ground. So I want something that lasts. I work from home and don't drive often, but when I do, I want comfort. I've asked a few mechanics here in town (told you..I'm going my due diligence!) and they've all said pretty much the same thing. "You don't see the value in Lexus when you buy it, it's when it's still running well in a decade + from now."

I'm pretty set on the 2023 350h RX (but with the engine conversion, may wait for the 2024!). Unless something more reliable comes along with all the comfort features!🤩

HBcorsair

Nov 28, 2021
So I had my car back to the dealer yesterday for drivers side camera going black and reverse brake assist error again. They replaced the ipmb module.
Got in it this morning and reverse brake assist error. ☹️
I periodically get the “blue zone” on reverse, not frequently enough to do anything about yet - especially with the trade for just another set of issues. I’ll probably just document it with dealer & wait for repair when they actually figure one out!

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
I periodically get the “blue zone” on reverse, not frequently enough to do anything about yet - especially with the trade for just another set of issues. I’ll probably just document it with dealer & wait for repair when they actually figure one out!
Getting the rear camera replaced finally did the trick for my car. Changing the module didn't do anything.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mar 29, 2014
Russell, Ontario, CANADA
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator Reserve (2023 on order)
Recall 21S44 - 2020-2021 AVIATOR, EXPLORER, CORSAIR-REAR/360 CAMERA IPMB BLUE SCREEN

Issue Date SEP 23, 2021

Safety Risk
AN UNUSED GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUT PIN ON THE DIGITAL CAMERA WAS LEFT OPEN. IF THIS PIN IS NOT PULLED LOW IT MAY BE AFFECTED BY LEAKAGE CURRENT, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF VIDEO OUTPUT. LOSS OF REAR CAMERA IMAGE WHILE REVERSING INCREASES THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy
OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE IMAGE PROCESSING MODULE IPMB SOFTWARE UPDATED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.
Campaign/NHTSA# 21S44/999999

Not sure if this may help.

Peter

syl

May 15, 2020
Recall 21S44 - 2020-2021 AVIATOR, EXPLORER, CORSAIR-REAR/360 CAMERA IPMB BLUE SCREEN

Issue Date SEP 23, 2021

Safety Risk
AN UNUSED GENERAL PURPOSE OUTPUT PIN ON THE DIGITAL CAMERA WAS LEFT OPEN. IF THIS PIN IS NOT PULLED LOW IT MAY BE AFFECTED BY LEAKAGE CURRENT, RESULTING IN A LOSS OF VIDEO OUTPUT. LOSS OF REAR CAMERA IMAGE WHILE REVERSING...
Not sure if this may help.

Peter
That helps a lot because it identifies the actual cause of the problem, giving even dyiers a chance at an actual repair without resorting to the dealership parts cannon approach. My 2020 got a software update that caused it to start to exhibit the problem that the update was supposed to fix.

obed96

Oct 10, 2020
I was experiencing the blue screen/ reverse brake assist issue and the camera module was replaced. It’s been a few weeks and the issue hasn’t come back. This was on my 2021 Corsair.