Anyones rear camera do this?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Lsavage

Feb 23, 2021
My rear camera seems to be doing this more and more.
Mine just did that for the first time today. On Friday though my whole screen was alternating between blue and black, but the back up camera worked fine. Sat for a few hours and on restart was fine. Weird thing today was I backed up to leave and everything was fine and when I arrived and back up I got this so something changed between leaving and arriving at my destination. I have had the reverse brake assist disabled happening more than normal for the summer lately (get it a lot in winter with ice/snow)

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Mine just did that for the first time today. On Friday though my whole screen was alternating between blue and black, but the back up camera worked fine. Sat for a few hours and on restart was fine. Weird thing today was I backed up to leave and everything was fine and when I arrived and back up I got this so something changed between leaving and arriving at my destination. I have had the reverse brake assist disabled happening more than normal for the summer lately (get it a lot in winter with ice/snow)
Mine always works fine at first start up, but within about 10 minutes or so, about 50% of time, the rear camera will start flickering black (like my posted video) and eventually stop working, turning blue.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Well, my dealer just called to cancel the appointment I had made for this Monday, the 4th of July. So now I won’t be able to get it in for a few weeks.

Rob 543

Dec 8, 2020
Mine always works fine at first start up, but within about 10 minutes or so, about 50% of time, the rear camera will start flickering black (like my posted video) and eventually stop working, turning blue.
Sounds like a computer issue. These chips they use can be problematic

Corsair21

Jun 26, 2021
I just took mine in for the recall. Sadly, after them performing the recall I still have the blue screening and errors. It'll be going back in, I hope they can fix it this time.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
I just took mine in for the recall. Sadly, after them performing the recall I still have the blue screening and errors. It'll be going back in, I hope they can fix it this time.

That’s a bummer. I’m hearing more and more the real fix is replacing the cam itself and the software update.
I’ve made another appointment, this time for July 26, so hopefully everything does as planned.

Corsair21

Jun 26, 2021
Figured I'd keep you posted: I spoke to service and they picked the car up to try to address the post-recall issue that the camera is still bluescreening/rear brake assist disabled. They verified that it is not operating correctly and are going to order a new backup camera assembly and replace everything again. Once those parts come in they're going to call me and take the car in again.

Hopefully that resolves it once and for all.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Figured I'd keep you posted: I spoke to service and they picked the car up to try to address the post-recall issue that the camera is still bluescreening/rear brake assist disabled. They verified that it is not operating correctly and are going to order a new backup camera assembly and replace everything again. Once those parts come in they're going to call me and take the car in again.

Hopefully that resolves it once and for all.
While inconvenient and likely maddening, this is probably what happens in many cases like this. The service bulletin, probably not technically a "recall" as it is not a safety issue, will address what engineers believe to be a software glitch. If that doesn't fix the issue, then a new part is installed.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I'd call it par for the course with fixing automotive problems. I expect they'll figure it out eventually. To add a pedantic point of information, this back-up camera thing is a real recall. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V735-6073.PDF

Both Lincoln and the NHTSA notified me by mail of its existence, although the camera itself was notifying me long before them 😂
Ah, okay, yes they say it can cause a crash, so there you go. Thanks.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
So an update,….still waiting for my appointment, but it seems like it’s getting,……better?? Previously it was doing it I would say, 50% of the time…..now it’s maybe 20%. If that. Strange. I actually drove to the dealership on my day off to get them to document it before my bringing it in in August, drove around for an hour, restarted the car 3 times trying to invoke it. Nothing.

2021Navigator

Dec 15, 2020
Oh a intermittent electrical issue can be difficult to diagnose.

When our camera had an issue the dealership was able to pull a code, hopefully yours can as well.

Lsavage

Feb 23, 2021
My car went in Monday I got it back yesterday for the reverse brake assist not working properly and the blue screen I got one time “
INSPECTED AS REQUESTED. IDS TEST CODES B11SE 31:28, B12BE:31
B12BE, B148E. FOLLOWED PPT TEST I IN 413-13B OF WSM.
I9 OPEN, RECOMMEND NEW REAR PARK AID CAMERA AND RETEST DUE
TO OPERATING RIGHT NOW. DUE TO INTERMITTENT NATURE AND
HAVING CODES FOR ALL 3 OTHER CAMERAS, IPMB ALSO ORDERED
INSTALLED IPMB AND PROGRAMMED, INSTALLED REAR CAMERA
PERFORMED 360 CALIBRATION, RETEST/OPERATES FINE DUE TO INTER
CONCERN MAY REQUIRE FURTHER DIAG IF OCCURS AGAIN, MT USED
FOR IPMB REPLACED AND PROGRAMMED.”

So it seems like they aren’t even sure but they’ve tried something at least.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
So update. I made an appointment a while back to bring my Corsair to the dealer. To my surprise, they called me and asked if I wanted to have a currier come and pick it up and leave a car for me. So they came first this this morning and left a 2022 Corsair Sport with 66 miles on it. Nice.
They called at 1 and said it's all done! They said they performed the software update and that *should* take care of it.
OK. They came and dropped it off at my house, along with the paperwork. Again, to my surprise, the paperwork says they replaced the camera if I'm reading it correctly. So hopefully this is no longer an issue.

Attachments

• 20220726_182450.jpg
    20220726_182450.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 18

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Looks like they realigned your misaligned hoof too… 🤣

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Looks like they realigned your misaligned hoof too… 🤣
Yep, I mentioned the hood flutter at speed and they took care of that, too. Although I haven't verified that one myself yet. I will say the resolution of the camera doesn't seem to have lost anything.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
So for a solid 6 weeks or so everything worked perfectly. Now recently Im getting the Rear Parking Assist Not Available again pretty often. So aggravated I cant tell you. Went to Dunkin this morning and got the message. On the way I turned on the 360 camera, and the drivers side video had blinked black a couple times. On the way back it seemed to be brighter then the other camera feeds.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
So for a solid 6 weeks or so everything worked perfectly. Now recently Im getting the Rear Parking Assist Not Available again pretty often. So aggravated I cant tell you. Went to Dunkin this morning and got the message. On the way I turned on the 360 camera, and the drivers side video had blinked black a couple times. On the way back it seemed to be brighter then the other camera feeds.

From bits and pieces I have read from others who have had camera issues, any fixes were only temporary and actually caused the issue to get worse in time.

Not saying that will definitively be your outcome, but there is a history of camera failures and even more problems after repair/replacement.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Mine had started doing it also about 2 months ago. It took 3 services visits before it appears to be fixed by replacing the rear camera. It has been a week now and no "blue screens" yet.