Anyones rear camera do this?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
My rear camera seems to be doing this more and more.

Attachments

• AA185064-4F0E-41BE-8A30-236E17197928.jpeg
    AA185064-4F0E-41BE-8A30-236E17197928.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 53
  • C71875E1-D606-41DB-B8F9-E53E046F4492.jpeg
    C71875E1-D606-41DB-B8F9-E53E046F4492.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 54

afh3

Nov 29, 2019
Minnesota
I seem to remember that there was either a factory recall or a technical service bulletin, one or the other, that addressed the rear camera having a blue screen instead of the actual image.

I believe I had mine serviced according to the bulletin or recall, however I never did have the blue screen in the first place.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Thank you, I looked for the TSB but didn’t find one that covered this exact issue.

Here’s a short I made of it while it happened.

Last edited:

Encmerk

Apr 10, 2021
Havelock, NC
What year? The 2020s and I believe up have an open recall for blue screen on rear view camera.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
No blue screen. Have gotten the error message.

Ironically, just now, backing into my driveway, the vehicle stopped itself as it thought I was about to hit the wife's Explorer.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
if you can duplicate it, definitely take it in a pond demonstrate the issue.
Yeah I’ll have to investigate it more to see if I can get it to do it on command. It is pretty often though. I’ve made an appointment for next, next Monday.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
So I saw the recall effecting some 2020-2021 Corsairs, but the date is through September 7,2021, and mine was built in November 2021.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Here's the good news and bad news from what I have read (I believe) on this forum and the Facebook Corsair group.

The good news is that there is a recall for the problem with the camera. It seems to be a frequently reported issue.

The bad news is that many people who got the camera replaced were very upset to find that its performance was pretty bad.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Here's the good news and bad news from what I have read (I believe) on this forum and the Facebook Corsair group.

The good news is that there is a recall for the problem with the camera. It seems to be a frequently reported issue.

The bad news is that many people who got the camera replaced were very upset to find that its performance was pretty bad.
Thank you, I appreciate the heads up. I’m curious about the performance aspect. How does it change? Is it lower resolution, or slower response time?

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Thank you, I appreciate the heads up. I’m curious about the performance aspect. How does it change? Is it lower resolution, or slower response time?

Hey Steve!

I read a few complaints (some of which I thought were posted in this forum) where owners went in to get their backup cameras replaced when they were exhibiting the blue screen. After the installation, they were given cameras that exhibited far lower resolution.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
Hey Steve!

I read a few complaints (some of which I thought were posted in this forum) where owners went in to get their backup cameras replaced when they were exhibiting the blue screen. After the installation, they were given cameras that exhibited far lower resolution.
Thank you! Well that’s……disappointing. I guess I’ll see for myself soon enough.

2021Navigator

Dec 15, 2020
Hey Steve!

Now you have me wondering about the rear camera which was replaced last year in our 2021 Navigator. I can't say that I noticed the difference after the replacement but I have always said to myself lately when I drive our other car that is 3 years older and 1/3 the cost that its rear camera is far superior to the Navigators.

Is there any way to actually determine the quality?

ouskamp

May 4, 2022
My Lincoln
Corsair
My rear camera seems to be doing this more and more.
My Client has the Aviator and says this has been an issue from the beginning. She's had it in 3 x's in hopes thy could fix it and they continue to tell her it's a software 'glitch' and there isn't anything they can do. Pretty disappointing. Have you gone on the Lincoln FB page and posted?

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022
My Client has the Aviator and says this has been an issue from the beginning. She's had it in 3 x's in hopes thy could fix it and they continue to tell her it's a software 'glitch' and there isn't anything they can do. Pretty disappointing. Have you gone on the Lincoln FB page and posted?
That’s disappointing. I have not posted to their Facebook page because, well,…..I quite social media (like that) a few years ago. Was getting too attached to it so I quite cold turkey.

Stevessvt

Jan 26, 2022