Any other smooth as silk riding vehicles you've been in besides the Lincoln Town Car ???

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Norms1stTC

I'll be honest with you all, I've never had a vehicle that rides as nice as this 2002 TC Sig, it's overwhelmingly smooth, is there anything else like it out there ?

Let me rephrase the question in general.....

Is there any modern equivalent to the town car ride ?

Last edited:

Norms1stTC

I honestly don't think anything compares to an air ride. My dearly departed TC was the smoothest riding vehicle I've ever owned. And I've owned a lot over the years.
So the MKS is really no comparison ? Obviously different suspension aside.

Norms1stTC

My wife’s Lexus IS pretty dang smooth riding, but I still believe my 2005 Lincoln Town Car is smoother and a lot more comfortable. Just my opinion.
My wife's 2019 Highlander limited platinum is like riding in a tank compared to my TC. I wanted to buy her the Aviator but she liked the Toyota better. I personally thought the Aviator was about the same ride as the Highlander, just my opinion also.

wolf_walker

Nothing rides good on Oklahoma roads.
My 82 Rabbit Pickup with Koni's and chassis braces handles it better than anything else to be honest.
Lincoln's alright on decent roads, tire sidewall is too thin to really ride well.

GrumpyOleMan

Flyover Country
As a previous owner of a MKS and a current owner of a '19 Navigator and '19 MKZ, I will say the TC is completely different. But the were engineered with different parameters and goals in mind.

The closest relatively contemporary comparison is my daughters few years old Buick sedan (cannot recall the model). Not to the standard of the TC but still a nice smooth ride.

Norms1stTC

As a previous owner of a MKS and a current owner of a '19 Navigator and '19 MKZ, I will say the TC is completely different. But the were engineered with different parameters and goals in mind.

The closest relatively contemporary comparison is my daughters few years old Buick sedan (cannot recall the model). Not to the standard of the TC but still a nice smooth ride.
I was wondering if the modern 2017-2020 Continentals could hold a candle to the TC. I've never driven one, but I'd like too just to make the comparison.

Norms1stTC

Nothing rides good on Oklahoma roads.
My 82 Rabbit Pickup with Koni's and chassis braces handles it better than anything else to be honest.
Lincoln's alright on decent roads, tire sidewall is too thin to really ride well.
Sounds like the roads in Pennsylvania aren't much different to Oklahoma. Our state bird is the traffic cone here.

wolf_walker

Sounds like the roads in Pennsylvania aren't much different to Oklahoma. Our state bird is the traffic cone here.

Having grown up in N.C., with what I now know are stunningly good roads, this place is insane.
Every now and again I hit a fresh or decent piece of road and it's like wow, this IS actually a Lincoln.
But it's rare. They even make seemingly decent looking sections of road ride badly here.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
So the MKS is really no comparison ? Obviously different suspension aside.

No comparison at all. But, like I said in the other thread, its probably because of the 20” wheels and low profile tires. It’s got 3 suspension modes, comfort, normal and sport but I can’t really tell a difference. I can feel every bump in the road that I didn’t with the TC.

Hound Dog

I had a '92 Buick Roadmaster that would give my '04 Ultimate a run for its money. The Ultimate has it beat by 6 inches in length and 400#. Town Car for the win!

Vladimir2112

It was very hard to drive my Town car where I live.I felt too vulnerable with the ride. And lack of handling.All Moogs higher end parts . The problem solver series. All performance parts I could pick. 1-in sway bars and limousine rated springs on the back. All performance tires and heavy duty shocks. I haven't done anything else to the rear end as those parts seem to still be viable. My mechanic buddy that helps me has dubbed it the 4000 pound mustang. Drives even tighter than my P71 police cruiser. I completely enjoy the car now. I love the look and I love the comfy interior. But I don't miss the ride