Android Auto 6.1

MarkX

This seems to be a forum non-issue judging from the absence of comments. Sorry to waste your time.

However, I am a bit aggravated as now, with the latest update, my Android Auto no longer works. I will direct my inquiries elsewhere.

Hi Mark X,

I wish I could help you but I use Apple CarPlay. However, Ford is aware of the problem and working on fixing it.

Check this thread below, I hope it has the solution:

screenshot_20210218-070444_fordpass-jpg.17076

Good luck.

MarkX

Thanks, 99, but that seems to be pretty much a dead end for the time being, except that many others seem to be having the same problem.

MarkX

It seems my car is monitoring this Forum and took note of my concerns expressed above because, all of a sudden, AA started to work today. Fingers are crossed that this is not a one-day trick.

An interesting but unexpected benefit is that it also began to play my favorite BBC radio channel. I have no idea how that is possible. I did not actively to get this going. The only thing I can think of is that, earlier today, I added the BBC iPlayer app to my phone.

It seems my car is monitoring this Forum and took note of my concerns expressed above because, all of a sudden, AA started to work today. Fingers are crossed that this is not a one-day trick.

An interesting but unexpected benefit is that it also began to play my favorite BBC radio channel. I have no idea how that is possible. I did not actively to get this going. The only thing I can think of is that, earlier today, I added the BBC iPlayer app to my phone.
Great news 🥳. I hope it keeps working from now on without any problems.

KnightSnake

Are you sure this was AA update related or did you by chance update the Sync system? I once lost AA functionality on my Continental and had to roll back the update, which made it work again. Also shoddy connections (due to USB ports and or cables) can also be the culprit.

MarkX

Are you sure this was AA update related or did you by chance update the Sync system?
Jeez, I'm not sure of anything! But now that you mention it, there was an update message that appeared briefly in the car's SYNC window earlier in the day (before I started messing with the AA) that I quickly forgot about. It was automatically pushed down over the air onto the car while I was driving; I didn't have to do anything. Next time I'm in the car, I'll take a look at what SYNC 3.4 version is now installed. That might have been the fix to catch up with the latest AA version. As I mentioned earlier, it seemed to be a widespread issue amongst SYNC 3 users.

On closer examination, I saw that the audio channel that was coming through AA was TuneIn Radio, an app I have on my phone (and on my other devices) that I see I had tuned to the BBC. However, I have not activated the ATT mobile hotspot functionality in the car so I still don't understand how I was getting the content over the air. But still, it is nice to have access in the car to all the content that is available in TuneIn Radio!

KnightSnake

I believe it does so by pairing the phone and connecting it by USB. It uses the mobile apps/USB connection of your phone to work the apps on your phone. I use youtube music, amazon music and spotify like that. I am in Europe so the hotspot of the car would not work for me by default. Did you btw have issues with your trunk release? Mine is acting up, just wondering about yours?

MarkX

It uses the mobile apps/USB connection of your phone to work the apps on your phone. I use youtube music, amazon music and spotify like that.
That makes sense; thank you KS. But at the same time, that might be expensive, depending on one's mobile plan. I will have to monitor my bills.

I have checked on my SYNC 3 version and it is now 3.4 build 20136, for whatever that is worth. I hadn't made note of the build number after I installed 3.4 but my 3.3 version was build #10866.

MarkX

Sorry for not responding on trunk: No Issues here.