Analog clock illumination

ltc4me

Just bought a 2010 sig limited and the other morning I was driving to work in the dark, and I thought, it sure would be cool if that clock was lit so you could see it, wonder if it’s supposed to be? And then I was looking at the fuse diagram in the owners manual for something else, and there it was, a fuse for clock illumination and something else. So I pulled it and it looked good, but I will replace it anyway. Has anyone had to replace that light?, and does it involve taking some of the dash apart just to get to it? Thanks.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
Just bought a 2010 sig limited and the other morning I was driving to work in the dark, and I thought, it sure would be cool if that clock was lit so you could see it, wonder if it’s supposed to be? And then I was looking at the fuse diagram in the owners manual for something else, and there it was, a fuse for clock illumination and something else. So I pulled it and it looked good, but I will replace it anyway. Has anyone had to replace that light?, and does it involve taking some of the dash apart just to get to it? Thanks.
Hi, ltc4me.

I got the part number from "Ford Parts Giant," but they don't sell it anymore. Tasca does sell it, for $13.87 each. Neither source states how many of these are required for the clock. You'll have to remove the clock and find out I guess.

Tasca's listing for bulb part no. YF3Z-13B765-A

Good luck.

ltc4me

Hi, ltc4me.

I got the part number from "Ford Parts Giant," but they don't sell it anymore. Tasca does sell it, for $13.87 each. Neither source states how many of these are required for the clock. You'll have to remove the clock and find out I guess.

Tasca's listing for bulb part no. YF3Z-13B765-A

Good luck.
Ok thanks. I just typed that into the YouTube search a minute ago and watched a video of a guy replacing a radio, and thus showing how to get to the clock, and the light was a single little led that just turns and comes out. It is just so very helpful all the things you can learn from the forums and you tube nowdays. Thanks again.

HTML