Ambient Lighting

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Rule62

My ambient lighting just quit tonight on my '13 MkT. I've only had it a couple of months and we love the lighting scheme, so we really miss it. Could it be just a sensor issue?

SteveB_TX

North Texas
What do you mean by it just quit? Do you mean you have no ambient lighting at all, or did the color change to standard white? Go into settings and see if the ambient lighting is still enabled, etc... Good luck. :)

wildmanbaker

Be thankful that the only problem is the ambient lighting. Ours does this also, but it starts with a dead battery, 10.6 volts or less, but both battery and alternator test fine. Nothing works, you must use the funky little key inside the remote to gain access to the interior, to open the hood, to charge or jump the battery, as the trunk will not open without power. After battery is fully charged, sometimes the door handle locks will not unlock and guess what, use the little key. When the door is open, nothing works, no interior lights, dash, DRL, nothing. Then you get "no key found" or "articulating lights need attention", and/or no turn signals, but brake lights work flashers work, wipers work, but not the windshield washers. Service just don't believe you when you tell them this. As it must be electrical, I have unplugged and reseated the relays in the panel on the drivers side, and reseated the big connectors at the front and rear of the power module. I now hook a charger to it every night, and have an appointment on this coming Tuesday, to have it looked at again. It has been fairly cool here since thanksgiving, when the problem first started, But after the reseating it worked good until 1/3/19, when it started over again. I get the feeling that they do not know what is causing the problems, as nothing is stored in the ECU. If it in not fixed soon, I will get rid of it, and get another CR-V.

ktklein72

So. NJ
I have the 2014 MKZ Hybrid which I purchased in Mar-Apr of 2014 and to this day have the ambient lighting color randomly reset to white. The dealer was clueless when I've brought it in and have yet to correct it. As far as I know there are no open recalls or any s/w or firmware updates that need to be applied. It is irritating.

Two other minor issues that bother me are the random (hard to describe) door and system chimes instead of rich audio coming through the stereo system sound like a 1980's Atari system and the inability to view individual tire pressure even though the vehicle is equipped with TPMS. If anyone knows a solution to any of these issues, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Kevin

wildmanbaker

Follow-up on 1-7-17 post. Turned in a bad review on the dealership and was called by them for a new appointment for repair. Turns out the Battery was bad, as I had suggested to them the first time. It had leaked in the battery area of the trunk, they cleaned it up and completely re-programmed the PCM. The only problems since have been the door handle lock, unlock feature sometimes does not operate, and of course, the ambient lighting sometimes resets to white. The ride, handling, and comfort are top notch, with pretty good mileage. Might just keep this one!

WaderJ

DFW Texas
Did the same with our 2013 and still have the issue... guess IF they ever call back on the airbag I will ask if they can verify no outstanding TSB's for the car.

aditya-mishra

The interior lights do not turn on when the driver's door is opened, but work when the other doors are opened? what is the issue here please advice me anyone.

G-382195

Having an issue with my Ambient Lighting.. it seems every 3-4 days it defaults back to the white lighting...wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem... Thank's Robert
Mine too!

G-203632

That's a warning for other vehicles.
Mine was set to blue when I bought it, and I have not changed colors. I kinda find it a silly feature, although it is interesting when someone doesn't shut the door, the door that is ajar is illuminated red.

G-731743

My 2013 mkz does the exact same thing. Took it in for service after the center console went black with no lights illuminated and the airbag light illuminated. Still waiting for the dealer to get back to me
What they say the cause was