Ambient Lighting

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Jimflutes

Stockbridge,MA
Hey mine also,what is up with that. I see no way you can make the color you pick to be the default color. I want it to be Blue. Another little PIA. What we have to realize is that this is the first of the new model MKZ,and it usually takes about three years for the bugs to be corrected after a major model change. For example,I see that now the 2014 MKZ has the Day driving light feature. Jim

Philys92

My 2013 mkz does the exact same thing. Took it in for service after the center console went black with no lights illuminated and the airbag light illuminated. Still waiting for the dealer to get back to me

ibcarolek

Bay Area, CA
Mine was set to blue when I bought it, and I have not changed colors. I kinda find it a silly feature, although it is interesting when someone doesn't shut the door, the door that is ajar is illuminated red.

cstu93

Louisville KY
I have had this happen twice. The first time it would not allow me to scroll through the colors. The second time, I was able to change it back and haven't had any issues since. :confused:

Scttrich

Mine does the same thing. Lincoln is aware of this problem and Ford Lincoln Engineering is currently working on a fix for "Various" Ambient Lighting issues.

Serraph

Mine does that because of the battery saver message. Any time that comes on, My auto up/down is messed up and the ambient lights go back to default white. I've had the battery checked numerous times and they all passed.

Paul461

Tampa, FL
I have a 2014 and same ambient light issue, sounds like Ford just sells them anyway. Also about 70% of the time when I get into the car the drivers mirror moves all the way in or out. another trip to the dealer and more blank looks. I saw someone wrote these electrical issues make the car "interesting" For $40000+ I don't find issues interesting....

smoky

eastern NC
I too have ambient light problem. Periodically and apparnetly randomly defualts from boue (my choice) to white. Problem has been occuring for about 9 - 12 months

2013 MKZ purchased March 2013

Stevemcb

The previous post said he has a 2014 so it appears it has not been fixed. It is obvious that it must not be a easy software fix since it has went on so long and you can be sure that Lincoln reads these posts!! Between the lights and the auto window problem we just keep resetting the systems over and over. You could make a list and most all MKZ owners will have the same issues. Some just may not be aware of it. Some seem to be bad software (and possibly unable to be fixed) and design or manufacture flaw issues like smelly AC units, water dripping into the trunk after a rain when you open the trunk (try it and see on the right hand side by the hinge) , seat recalls , yellow adhesive bleed though on the headliners . Yesterday I noticed the drivers side vanity mirror has now discolored and is all hazy.

smoky

eastern NC
Took my MKZ (2013) to dealer last week for service. Had dealer check out ambient lighting problem. He could not find any faults and could not explain problem. Lights reset to blue and have stayed on blue for about 5 days. Normally defualts to white about once per month.

Also noticed when it defaults back to white light.. the voice command help screen will show up when you ask for a command... I keep that in off mode but it will pop up after the lighting problem...Anyone else notice this

Paul461

Tampa, FL
I have a '14 MKZh with the same issue. in June 2015 I took it in for oil and a recall for the trunk latch and reprogramed the computer and since then no more issue with the ambient lighting. I guess that was an ongoing update added to the recall.