• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Am reception

diggitd

Hello my 14 MKS gets poor am reception in my area unfortunately. My other vehicles do just fine. Other than doing a complicated antenna change does anybody have any suggestions for improving am reception

diggitd

I'm hoping to get some insight from somebody. I mainly an AM guy. I only live about 30 miles north of New York City and you would think it would be no problem but I get a lot of interference. My Olds and Toyota get great reception. Seems like a Ford thing had same problem with Explorer. Put a long stubby on it and solved problem.I'd have to drill the MKS. Bummer. Not happening. Hope there's another way!

Poor AM reception 30 miles north of NYC is probably caused by a poor connection either at the antenna grid or at the radio unit itself. I would say that just unplugging and reinstalling the cable at both ends should fix the problem. The big problem is getting to the ends of the cable. I live 50 miles north of NYC in Putnam county and have no problems with receiving WOR, WABC, or WCBS or most other NYC stations.

HTML