• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

All windows roll down unexpectidly

14indy

On our 2009 MKS a few times a year, while the car is off, all windows and the sun roof roll down at the same time, even when the car is locked !!! Dealer says they can't help unless it's happening when I bring it in. Yesterday I was feeling around under the drivers seat for something when it happened. Maybe a short in that area???

bbf2530

Hi 14indy. Where was the keyfob when you were feeling around under the drivers seat? If it was in your hand or pocket, it is possible that the unlock button was depressed long enough to enable the Global Opening feature, which opens the windows and moonroof. Although this is probably not the issue, it is a possibility to look at.

Keep us updated and good luck.

14indy

The key fob was in the cop holder and the other one was on a hook above my work bench when it happened to me. Could this happen when my wife has it in her purse inside a store? Or maybe when she was walking away?

bbf2530

The key fob was in the cop holder and the other one was on a hook above my work bench when it happened to me. Could this happen when my wife has it in her purse inside a store? Or maybe when she was walking away?
Hi 14indy. Yes, it could happen when she is walking away, if something in her purse pressed or put pressure on the unlock button long enough.
Whether it could happen while she is in a store depends on how far away she was from the car at the time. I am not sure what the maximum range is for our keyfobs.

I have had it happen on my 2007 and 2018 MKZ's, but do find the buttons on the 2018 to be more sensitive than the 2007, perhaps since the 2018 keyfob is a bit bulkier.

I obviously could be wrong, but have a feeling yours may be a case of the keyfob being inadvertently pressed.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:

14indy

Thanks to everyone ! You guys are right, tried this and showed the wife, we were both amazed. as for my use I'm really not sure about the cup holder. It could have been in my pocket. Thanks again

HTML