• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

AIR TUBE FOR INTAKE

t57f100

hello i have a 1999 lincoln town car 4.6 v8 i noticed the air intake hoses have broken hose clamps and i cant find new ones does anybody know the fix or the part number for those clamps they have a cut out for the protrusions to fit around the hose seems easy but its not.COME TO FIND OUT ITS BEEN DISCONTINUED by ford

Last edited:

t57f100

I've had this happen on other vehicles. What I've done is cut off those protrusions (they serve no purpose) and use a normal hose clamp. Barring finding some at a junk yard, that may be your only option since they have been discontinued.
Thank you so much it might be my best option but I did order some laundry hose type clamps will see how it goes ill report back and take some pics.This hose by the way has been discontinued by ford is there another ave to take if this hose gets broken its seems wrong for ford to do that but its just my opinion. Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 8.57.42 PM.png

t57f100

I've had this happen on other vehicles. What I've done is cut off those protrusions (they serve no purpose) and use a normal hose clamp. Barring finding some at a junk yard, that may be your only option since they have been discontinued.
well having order those clamps from amazon that didn't work i ground off those nubs and put on a standard clamp thanks for the help

HTML