Air condition problem in system. Or air box actuator problem?

Vladimir2112

My car was not blowing good cold air. Friend of mine that said they do what they were doing but a can of freon. The whole can. Did not know that the low pressure gauge would not budge past 30 to 35 since it has a regulator. I also got curious and check the codes on my air conditioners control system and it came up of course code 24. But my car changes from all the vent positions with the air blowing out properly. I know I've got some loss because I bought the car was 67,000 MI it's a 1998. First time I ran the heat and cooling system all kinds of black grit blew out everywhere. I had realized that was all the foam that dried out in the system. So there's got to be very little foam left on anywhere it was previously located. Could that simply give me a code 24? And the heating and cooling problem is my friend putting way too much freon in it?

Vladimir2112

So I'm getting a code 24 on the eatc. I am blowing out heat but my heater boxes seem to direct the air as commanded. When I first started the car I heard one of the actuators keep cycling. Once the car is driven a bit it quits doing that. What do you guys think of bad e a t c? And the combination of a bad blender door. Or would it just be the blender door?

Vladimir2112

Ok now with the EATC off. I hear under the dash an actuator moving every 20 seconds or so. It also does that when the EATC IS ON ??? .The EATC IS is still showing a code 24. And when running the diagnostic the last actuator in the sequence seems to be the one making all the racket constantly. Is that the spinning people posted about before? And why is it doing this stuff when it's e a t c is off

04TC

Tampa, FL
My car was not blowing good cold air. Friend of mine that said they do what they were doing but a can of freon. The whole can. Did not know that the low pressure gauge would not budge past 30 to 35 since it has a regulator. I also got curious and check the codes on my air conditioners control system and it came up of course code 24. But my car changes from all the vent positions with the air blowing out properly. I know I've got some loss because I bought the car was 67,000 MI it's a 1998. First time I ran the heat and cooling system all kinds of black grit blew out everywhere. I had realized that was all the foam that dried out in the system. So there's got to be very little foam left on anywhere it was previously located. Could that simply give me a code 24? And the heating and cooling problem is my friend putting way too much freon in it?
Code 24 on the 1998 year model is a blend door failure/blend door short. Loss of the insulating foam would not give you a EATC code. My guess is that the actuator you hear cycling has failed.

Even with the EATC off after I turn my car off. if I stay in the car around 10 minutes or so after, I hear some blend door actuator/actuators moving for a few seconds. My AC, heat work fine and direct air to the proper vents. My logic is telling me that after I turn it off, a bit later the blend doors return to their "neutral" position or something similar to that.