Air bag height when exiting Aviator

CDupuis

I own the 2020 Aviator Reserve II with the air bag suspension. All works as described as far as when walking up to car ( car lowers to lowest position ), when opening trunk, ( lowers to lowest position ). But, when the ignition is turned off the car stays at the ride height, I'm going to call this the medium height. The toggle in settings is set for entry/exit to lower, but car only lowers when the trunk is opened. Setting even states entry and exit. Shouldn't the car be lowering for exit?

Husband of a short wife................

coolerbythelake

Milwaukee, WI
I believe these are actually two different features; one is "Easy Entry and Exit" and the second is "Easy Entry."

Easy Entry and Exit is the feature that automatically moves your seat back and steering wheel up and in to make existing easier. The opposite happens when getting into your vehicle.

Easy Entry is a feature pertaining to the air glide suspension that lowers the vehicle when it senses your initial approach or when the liftgate is opening to make getting in or loading items easier.

Hopefully someone can chime in if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge I do not believe we have an option where the vehicle lowers at the end of your drive.

LincolnFanFl

I think the vehicle is already lowered before you approach it to get on again. What I don't know is though if this happens immediately when you put it in P. I will check on that again. I agree though that this - other than the moving steering wheel - is not an option you can select in the settings. I noticed that air suspension is deflated/down when the vehicle is parked because I noticed that on our GT, the rear passenger side is about an inch lower to the ground than the other side which I assume is caused by the higher weight on that side due to the battery location. When the vehicle is in D and lifted, both sides have the same height.

CDupuis

coolerbythelake I think you are correct. The setting i was referring to probably is the steering wheel/seat moving to allow easier exit. So it seems there is no option to lower the car to the "slammed" height that happens when the rear lift gate is opened. Lincoln if you are listening, When the car is placed in Park, or ignition turned off, would like for the suspension to lower to exit easier. As is, easy to get in hard to get out !!