Age range of TC Owners

VicOwner2018

Nice pictures of that Mark V.

I keep looking for a Mark VIII that suits me. Have seen a few on the web, but too far away to visit and check in person. TCs pop up way more often. And the choices are numerous...some very nicely kept samples are out there.

Old89TC

Nice pictures of that Mark V.

I keep looking for a Mark VIII that suits me. Have seen a few on the web, but too far away to visit and check in person. TCs pop up way more often. And the choices are numerous...some very nicely kept samples are out there.
In a wide price range too. I recently bought a very presentable T.C. for a daily driver for $2800. Even some young guys admire it. Since Craig's List started charging $5. for car ads there are many more on FB's Marketplace now. I'm not endorsing FB but until the superior MeWe gets their own marketplace FB it is.

wihr

I am 70 and just retired in last June. My '73 Mercedes 280 SEL 4.5 (long wheelbase and 4.5 liter V8) was becoming unreliable (and expensive). I found a '09 Town Car with 64,000 miles for $5800. I have only owned it a week.

Old89TC

I am 70 and just retired in last June. My '73 Mercedes 280 SEL 4.5 (long wheelbase and 4.5 liter V8) was becoming unreliable (and expensive). I found a '09 Town Car with 64,000 miles for $5800. I have only owned it a week.
Congrats! Might be the last car you have to buy.

About to be 55 in August.

I have an absurdly long commute - 90 mile round trip - and wanted a car that was reliable and comfortable for that commute. I grew up driving those old boats of the 70s. I had a 77 LTD for years. Weird thing was, when I got in the TC for a test drive the smell of it reminded me of the cars of yore.

Did a bunch of comparisons, looked at some different classes of vehicles to compare for reliability, economy, comfort, etc. The Town Car won overall. Having driven that commute for about three weeks in that car I believe I chose wisely.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
Turned 55 last December.

My first car was a '78 Town Car when I was nineteen. I've also owned a '61 Continental and two Imperials.

While I've had the occasional "sporty" car over the years, I've tried to stay away from the "cop-magnet" cars as much as possible. I prefer to drive briskly in peace while letting the kids "feed the bears," thanks.

I haven't driven the Japanese luxury cars, so I can't say much about them. The German ones don't have enough "luxury" to make up for the fatal-nose-bleed prices for parts and service.

Getting a Lancia, Jaguar, Daimler, Rolls or Bentley would be nice for about two weeks or so. Then, having indifferent reliability combined with parts and service prices that make the Germans look cheap would take its toll in one fell swoop.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Turned 55 last December.

My first car was a '78 Town Car when I was nineteen. I've also owned a '61 Continental and two Imperials.

While I've had the occasional "sporty" car over the years, I've tried to stay away from the "cop-magnet" cars as much as possible. I prefer to drive briskly in peace while letting the kids "feed the bears," thanks.

I haven't driven the Japanese luxury cars, so I can't say much about them. The German ones don't have enough "luxury" to make up for the fatal-nose-bleed prices for parts and service.

Getting a Lancia, Jaguar, Daimler, Rolls or Bentley would be nice for about two weeks or so. Then, having indifferent reliability combined with parts and service prices that make the Germans look cheap would take its toll in one fell swoop.
You sir are an awesome source of information. I totally appreciate your contributions to this forum. Myself? I have owned over 40 vehicles in my life so far. Fords, chevys, Chrysler’s, dodges, fiats.....all different, all with different idiosyncrasies. Learned a lot over the years. Learned how to fix stuff way before Facebook, went to the library and got books. Anyway, thanks again. I love my 04 TC. I think it is the best vehicle so far, after all those camaros, mustangs, cordobas, chevettes, pintos, etc. etc.

HTML