Age range of TC Owners

iron_pill

Already warned the wife my next one will be a 60s or 70s lincoln.
A friend of mine had bought a Mark III that was destinied to be sunk in the San Francisco Bay for some kind of police diver training. He was storing it at his folks' house in Petaluma, North of San Francisco (we both lived in Reno at the time). He had the intention of selling it to me later, though his folks and him ended up selling it to another Lincoln guy that has been restoring it.

Point being, a Mark III is definitely on the list. I also have a fancy for the Later 70's Town Car Coupe

Jaybraham

Ohio, US
I got my first TC about 2 weeks ago, fell in love with it, and I'm 27. My interest in Lincolns started early though as my grandad kept a 38 and a 56 Continental in his garage that he never got around to properly restoring. As a kid I would marvel at how big they were and how good they looked, despite being a bit beat up and not running.

VicOwner2018

I keep looking for a nice late model (2003+) TC...but not in a rush to buy yet. The ‘02 Crown Vic is still running OK as my daily driver but I am certain the next ride will be a TC.

I also have my eye out for a nice ‘97-‘98 Mark VIII. Several decent ones for sale on the web but prices on those are more than I want to pay without seeing them first!

rwilkins

Hershey, PA
I'm well below the stereotypical age range. I'm 18 and LOVE american cars, especially panther cars. View attachment 6505
Well now, that is great to hear coming from a young lad! I'm 79 and agree with you 100% Nothing like American cars especially the older ones. We bought our first Lincoln a year and a half ago. 2006 LTCS with 24k miles on it and the original tires, garage kept.

Mercury

So the other day at a gas station I complimented a fellow parked beside me . . . his Town Car with landau roof treatment was a beauty, prettier than my plain one. He started talking, a thick Eastern European or Russian accent evident. He was now a proud citizen of the US and his dream had been to travel around the country in a big American car . . . where he'd come from growing up, he said, cars had about a hundred mile range before repairs were needed, which I equated to Trabants.

He couldn't have picked a better example.

wolf_walker

I'm newly 40 and alternate between feeling 70 and 20. When I'm tired and sore, I love the Town Car, when I'm rested and feel good I don't know why I'm driving a boat. :)

They are darn reliable and long lived cars, that's for sure. You can drive stuff from the same era that cost twice as much and most times you got what you paid for, but drive something that cost half as much from that era and it's very apparent what you were paying for at the Lincoln dealer at any given year.

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
I'll hit 70 later this year, but I'll still be accused by friends and family of be 12. So what? After several Grand Marquis' and Crown Vics, I finally got the Panther luxo version and am quite happy with it. It's pretty easy to work on, too.

The TC is a a hobby car for me, keeps me off the streets and out of bars at night. And I sold all my boats and am off the water. I was looking for another Mustang GT convertible before I bought the Lincoln, had 2 previously and they were fun. But, traffic here is getting more and more congested and I won't drive a Mustang without a manual transmission. My clutch leg doesn't like all this slow traffic, so an automatic TC fit the bill perfectly

Fighterpilot1232

Lake City, FL
So the other day at a gas station I complimented a fellow parked beside me . . . his Town Car with landau roof treatment was a beauty, prettier than my plain one. He started talking, a thick Eastern European or Russian accent evident. He was now a proud citizen of the US and his dream had been to travel around the country in a big American car . . . where he'd come from growing up, he said, cars had about a hundred mile range before repairs were needed, which I equated to Trabants.

He couldn't have picked a better example.

That's awesome! My congratulations to the newly founded American doing it right!

jhvalente

Michigan
Got my first Lincoln in 1996 at age 21. It was a 1988 Lincoln town car. Was my dream car. Have had a lot of other cars and among them 8 Lincolns. My 2019 Continental reserve is being built on May 24!

Grimms

I'm 36 an just got my 05 TC. I had a 97 Grand Marquis GS when I was 18 too, it was my Grandfather's car that I inherited. All of my friends loved the GM back then 😁

rwilkins

Hershey, PA
I'm 36 an just got my 05 TC. I had a 97 Grand Marquis GS when I was 18 too, it was my Grandfather's car that I inherited. All of my friends loved the GM back then 😁
I'm 79. Got my first TCSL(2006) last year. A 2001 Grand Marquis before that. Took our grandson (20) to dinner last night. He, of course, wanted to drive. He's driven both cars before and really likes them "big boats". He said man you can't even feel the bumps in the road. We love our TC also. Ironic in that our GM wouldn't pass inspection (rusted frame), but as luck would have it, a Funeral Parlor traded this '06 in with 24k original miles, original tires, garage kept.

Thundaar2000

Let's see, I was 48 and got my first 03 TC in 03 slightly used. Had it for 3 lovely years till the youngins started to drive. Traded it in reluctantly and downsized. I just got another TC recently, (09 Signature-Limited Park Lane) and feel 48 again!!

MyThirdOne

I'm 58 and just got my first Town Car (a 2001). Love it! My other car is a 1999 Jaguar XJ8, but I think I like the Town Car more.

It's a boat and it isn't as nimble as a smaller car, of course, but it has plenty of power. It is supremely comfortable and well appointed. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it.

Old89TC

70. I'm a big old guy (6' 5") & I like big old cars. No modern generic "gumdrops" for me. I like 60's cars the best but they've become too high priced for me. I recently bought an '89 T.C. with under 80K mi. for $2800. Being in New England I spent $300. for brake lines & rear quarters rust repair.

HTML