Age range of TC Owners

autoseals

Just curious if there is still a sterotype of the "average" Town Car owner. Growing up in Florida, they were driven by retirees and limo drivers. My grandfather collected Lincolns and got his when he was in his 70's. I'm 35 and got my first because I have a new sales job and wanted something reliable, stylish and still American. I get quite a few looks when people see me driving it and friends poke fun of me until they got a ride and saw how nice it drove. No need to place actual age, just seeing if its car that spans generations now.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
You are wise beyond your years.

When I was younger I had fast cars, and then more practical SUVs before they were called SUV. Then I went back to cars when the kids were grown. Later I drove a 1991 Panther and liked it so at about 62 got a Town Car. Since I try to change cars after 10 years I have a Continental. Hard to beat a Town Car, and only Lincoln can do that.

Good luck with your lovely car.

Toy3zve

I'm 54 and simply love American cars.

Started with a 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis and now I'm on my 3rd Town Car (2006 'Designer Series'). Love the quiet ride, the room, the comfort, the gas mileage, the looks. Wife loves riding in AND driving it. Doesn't get much better...

Attachments

jdlmodelt

My 18 year old son told his Grandad how much he liked the Grandad's 92 LTC and Grandad gifted it to my son. He also has an 87 Jaguar XJ6 that he and I restored and he is equally as proud of the 92 LTC.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
I got my first TC 12 years ago when I was 54. Didn't know much about them before that, but I wrecked my Ranger pickup and needed a car, and my sister was selling her '95 TC and I knew the history so I bought it. But I always liked big American cars, partially because there was more room for stuffing ham radios in them and the big bodies made good ground planes for the antennas (contacted over 170 countries from the car in a couple years. I wonder if "no texting while driving" laws include morse code? :) ). A Toronado, two sixties Caddies, Ranchero, LTD, early 70's T-bird. In fact, a couple VW bugs and a VW Window van are the only non-American cars I ever owned.

Some folks say, Why do you want such a big car? Big? Well, I guess so, but there are so many enormous SUV's and huge pickups on the road that I don't feel like the TC is oversize at all.

claudiel19

I got my first TC 12 years ago when I was 54. Didn't know much about them before that, but I wrecked my Ranger pickup and needed a car, and my sister was selling her '95 TC and I knew the history so I bought it. But I always liked big American cars, partially because there was more room for stuffing ham radios in them and the big bodies made good ground planes for the antennas (contacted over 170 countries from the car in a couple years. I wonder if "no texting while driving" laws include morse code? :) ). A Toronado, two sixties Caddies, Ranchero, LTD, early 70's T-bird. In fact, a couple VW bugs and a VW Window van are the only non-American cars I ever owned.

Some folks say, Why do you want such a big car? Big? Well, I guess so, but there are so many enormous SUV's and huge pickups on the road that I don't feel like the TC is oversize at all.
25 here and been in love with American cars ever since I got my first car at 18... A mustang (the v6 version lol). Within a year I sold that mustang to a friend and then purchased a 1994 camaro z28. Man that was like riding a bullet with a seat attached to it. They used the same 5.7 as the corvette and GM had always deflated the performance numbers on it (maybe to not take away from corvette sales), but make no question that baby felt just as fast. Then after that I got a 2000 cadillac deville. That was an awesome ride (kind of like the town car but faster and not as comfortable.. or reliable; it felt more like riding a tank down the road where the town car feels more like a cloud or a feather). Too bad those Northstar engines had poor quality control / bad design as they tended to blow the headgaskets quite common from their introduction in the early 90's to about 2005 when GM finally mitigated the problem. Ultimately my deville suffered the same fate and I immediately knew my next car was going to be a town car.

So here I am riding around in a 2000 cartier lurking these forums on a weekly basis :).

So why did I want such a big car? - Well ever since I saw this continental Mark V commercial I immediately fell in love.

With the introduction of the new continental in 2017 it looks like lincoln is making a comeback and going back to their roots.

Last edited:

decotriumph

SUPPORTING MEMBER

rwilkins

Hershey, PA
Just curious if there is still a sterotype of the "average" Town Car owner. Growing up in Florida, they were driven by retirees and limo drivers. My grandfather collected Lincolns and got his when he was in his 70's. I'm 35 and got my first because I have a new sales job and wanted something reliable, stylish and still American. I get quite a few looks when people see me driving it and friends poke fun of me until they got a ride and saw how nice it drove. No need to place actual age, just seeing if its car that spans generations now.
I'm 78 and ought my first LTC this year. I've always liked the big American cars, v8 rwd. Love this baby with 24k original miles.

VicOwner2018

I owned my first Panther chassis (1983 Crown Vic) in 1990 when I was in my 30s). It was the perfect road car for our four member family (wife and two small kids) and we felt safe int it.

Sold it off after eight years and we went through a variety of vehicles since then.

Found a very good condition 2002 CV (and probably should have bought the 2006 Town Car that I tested instead). This model is head and shoulders above the '83 we had. Oh...you were asking about age?

Well I am a junior senior citizen...but still quite young at heart. :). Tail end of the Boomer generation for what that is worth.

Poohbear63

I know this is an older post, but at 55 I got my first TC. I've had crown vic's for a few years and still have two. One is a cvpi and the other an lx. But I'm really lovin on the TC, can't beat the comfort and the room. For an 02 it's awesome!

JackCisco

I'm 22, went to a car show and saw what is now my 1985 town car earlier this year. That, is the first time I had ever seen one of even heard of that car.

Being in the UK and only ever owning a 2000 Ford Fiesta and 2011 VW Polo with the tiniest of engines, it was certainly a "shock" to drive something practically twice the length, 4 times the engine size and left hand drive :LOL:

I have to say my daily driver Polo is extremely boring to drive now.

VicOwner2018

I've been driving the Crown Vic for a while...and looking for a TC (last generation) to pick up as a companion.

But then I keep looking at Mark VIIIs.

Wonder how many cars my wife will let me buy?

Screenshot952018-11-11-17-18-14.jpg

VicOwner2018

I'm 67. I bought my 1998 Town Car (my first) a month ago to have as a backup car but I like driving it so much that I will likely drive it more. It has 133k miles on it and is a two-owner car. Next week I'm pulling the AM/FM/cassette player and installing a CD player and XM radio. Broadcast radio around here is terrible and I haven't had cassettes for 30 years....
The '02 CV that I bought has a nice Kenwood stereo, replacing the OEM AM/FM Cassette deck. I think the speakers are stock, but fine for my taste.

Having the pro-installed and integrated Bluetooth, USB, and HD radio are very nice.

If it had the rear-view backup camera, it would be as good as anything coming off the lines today, sound and media-wise.

claudiel19

I've been driving the Crown Vic for a while...and looking for a TC (last generation) to pick up as a companion.

But then I keep looking at Mark VIIIs.

Wonder how many cars my wife will let me buy?
Personally the marks are my favorite lincolns. In my opinion, the 1977-79 Mark V marks the epitome of Lincoln's class, luxury, size and comfort.

1542683481303.png
1542683641641.png
1542683731427.png

I could go on for days...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML