Aftermarket Radio/Nav/Apple Car Play for 2014

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

itspat2

I have a 2014 Nav. Has anyone installed an aftermarket radio/nav unit with Apple Car Play. I got used to the Apple Car Play on my Chrysler 300. I've found a few units but am concerned about steering wheel controls and stock bluetooth. Don't really care about the Navigation as I'd use the Apple Car Play. Watched a couple videos on removal and it looks pretty straight forward. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bbf2530

I have a 2014 Nav. Has anyone installed an aftermarket radio/nav unit with Apple Car Play. I got used to the Apple Car Play on my Chrysler 300. I've found a few units but am concerned about steering wheel controls and stock bluetooth. Don't really care about the Navigation as I'd use the Apple Car Play. Watched a couple videos on removal and it looks pretty straight forward. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi itspat. I would recommend contacting Crutchfield to get some expert advice on what is available, what components you would need, pricing etc.

Crutchfield: Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs

Let us know how you make out and good luck,

itspat2

Thanks bbf2530. Crutchfield was one of the first places I looked. Everything I've found in stock requires hardwiring for the steering wheel controls. When I upgraded my VW with Apple Car Play, it was a plug and play system. I prefer not to mess around with hard wiring. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

bbf2530

Thanks bbf2530. Crutchfield was one of the first places I looked. Everything I've found in stock requires hardwiring for the steering wheel controls. When I upgraded my VW with Apple Car Play, it was a plug and play system. I prefer not to mess around with hard wiring. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Hi itspat. Just one suggestion, since you did not mention how you checked with Crutchfield: Try calling them instead of using the "What Fits My Car" tools. I find it is better to speak with one of their installation experts directly and tell them exactly what you are looking for etc.
If you already called, just ignore me...;)

Good luck.